Wednesday, February 13, 2008

2+4=6

I was going to do a live blog of the conception, but then I thought better of it. It did happen, so that's the good news. To make a long story short, we had two embryos. They rate them on a scale from 1-8, 8 being best. One was a 4 and the other was a 2. They usually hope for at least a 5. It's not bad, but fair. The doctor said there are 8's that don't take. There's no guarantee in either direction so there's no use in getting worked up about it. We'll be hearing in two weeks how everything has progressed.
Tamara was commanded to not clean or cook for the next few days, so you can imagine the state of our apartment and diet. We've appreciated the support and help we've received. We knew other people who went through the process but had no idea how difficult it is emotionally and physically. One great thing we've learned is how to better empathize with and hopefully be a support to others who go through this.

11 comments:

Reagan said...

What do you need from me? Seriously, you name it. I'm making dinner for you tomorrow. Unless someone else has offered, I wont take no for an answer. Love you guys.

nikki said...

I empathize with you. My sister has gone through this, and I have had many friends in your position. It's emotionally draining and challenging. Know that Cam and I love you guys and are ready and willing to do anything for you.

Turbo said...

I'm so excited for you guys!

The Finck Five said...

Congrats you guys, I pray things go well, sorry we are so far away and cannot help. On a lighter side I think I must have had something similar to my sister, I have not cooked or cleaned in years.

Carl Hardie said...

Dude, how are you going to survive? Tamara does everything for you.

Tamara said...

Yay! I'm praying for you guys!
So Doug, does this mean you're pampering your wife as she well deserves??? :)

Ann said...

Do you have a slot for meal-bringing open? Seriously, I was wanting to make some food but I don't do well with leftovers and was in a bit of a quandary. I also happen to know how to clean. I'm at your disposal on Saturday and/or Sunday

Heather Anna said...

i thought about you all day Saturday and sent up a few prayers too. Hope all is well. I'm not in the cooking cleaning mode myself, but I'd be happy to call you and the phone and chat, if you're bored with all that down time. :-)

Side of Jeffrey said...

I like the Tamara who is not allowed to do anything. She just chills on the couch with Caitlin and lets me play Doug in Scrabble online all night. That's awesome.

Bonnie said...

T&D,
We're keeping you guys in the prayers. I love that 80's pic of you two! So happy I got to see all of you a week or so ago. I know it probably cut in to nap time for you, Doug!
Let us know if you need us to send you some Barbeque in the mail. heheh
Happy Valentines Day!
xo
Bonnie

Elder & Sister Ellis said...

See you next week! Take out sounds really good. Invest in Merry Maids, Doug! It is a great Valentine's present!!!!