Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Last Supper


I have a feeling that last night was the last supper that this group will all be together. Everyone is the picture above has affected my life more then any of them will ever know. The picture shows Tracy, Doug, myself, Carl, Jeff, Caitlin, and Dave. We all have a bond of be single and Mormon here in NYC. Doug, Carl, and Dave (all guys in blue) were roommates when Doug and I started dating. There were many times that I was the fourth roommate especially during the subway strike of 2005. I could always count on Dave being there to talk and sending embarrassing texts from my phone and Carl having a chocolate snack stored somewhere in the apartment. My favorite quote from Carl is "Your shoes are your exclamation point to your outfits" He just gets me!!
Caitlin and Doug were good friends from BYU so they continued their friendship here in the city. Because I was always with Doug, Caitlin and I became fast friends. I actually met Caitlin before meeting Doug because she is one of the most social and friendly people that I know. The first time that I met her she told me that I was so pretty and I knew that we were going to be friends forever. Tracy and Caitlin are besties and Tracy, Dave, and Doug used to hang out all the time with their dessert group. Tracey and I were both Activity Leaders for our wards so we would plan the parties together. We were a perfect team, I loved to plan the parties and her ward had all the money (thanks to Doug being the clerk and demanding more money). Tracy is one of those friends that you can count on no matter what.
Jeff joined the gang when him and Caitlin met at Duck Beach and started dating (I had actually met Jeff earlier from my old roommate), but Jeff fit right in. He came to my birthday party two years ago and totally understood what I big deal it was...I knew that he was perfect for Caitlin. So did everyone else after Caitlin sent me an e-mail talking about her new crush but sent to "reply all" instead of just to me (this reply all e-mail went to everyone invited to Doug's birthday party so it was no short list).
All in all we have had some good times and great memories together. I am sad to see them come to an end. Last night we did it right. We went to dinner at Grapes and Grain downtown and way on the east side. I thought that people were kidding when they said that there was an Avenue B. The reviews seemed to good to be true but they had it right on. This place is great and worth the two subways and walk to get to. We were able to take our time and enjoy everything. We then walked to ChikaLicious and enjoyed some yummy dessert. Carl once again came through and bought me some creme brulee'...fantastic!!
I so love all of these guys and I am hoping that our Blogs and Facebook will make it so that we always keep in touch. Ok Tracy and Dave....and gmail.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Oh!!! Yay!!! Fun!
I love the part about Caitlin hitting "reply all" -- that's so awesome! :)
She was one of the first people I met too. Classic Caitlin.
You guys are all so great!

Matt said...

Doug,

I found your blog a few months ago, from a friend-of-a-friend. My wife and I enjoy seeing how you guys are doing.

Hope you have fun out at UCLA.

Matthias

Side of Jeffrey said...

Remember how we had chorizo pizza? That was awesome.