Monday, April 13, 2009

Instant Girlfriend


When Doug and I started dating in NYC, Doug's roommate at the time was Bill Edwards. Bill now lives in LA as well so we finally met up with him for lunch last week. We talked about the "good old days", meaning while Doug and Bill were dating. These two guys went everywhere together and were once told that they were basically the same guy. If one was asked to dinner on Sunday (which was every Sunday...look at these hotties) it was just known that the other would follow. Doug is very proud of the fact that he had great Sunday meals every week but never had to cook. When Doug asked me out for our first date, it was only fit that the following question was, can Bill come as well? Our date was a day at the beach so we invited Mala as well and off we went. A day of just hanging out turned into the wonderful marriage that Doug and I have now. Bill gave me the nickname of Instant Girlfriend because we all went from hanging out at the beach that morning to me being Doug's girlfriend by the next night. Lets just say that Doug and I knew we were meant for each other right away. Bill admits to being sad that it meant his and Doug's relationship had to come to an end but he knew that one day he was going to have to let go. It was so great to see Bill, he is one in a million (that is for all you single girls out there because yes, he is still single.)

3 comments:

Christina said...

Funny, I knew Bill in Salt Lake, worked with him at the Olympics. I ran into him once in NY but I think that was before I knew you. Small world we live in...

KB said...

Fun story, thanks for sharing!

Hope said...

Haha, how funny! Being the third wheel was never awkward for them, was it....