Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Diddy Reese


When people heard that we were moving here, I often would hear, you have to go to Diddy Reese. Diddy Reese is a cookie joint where you can make your own ice cream sandwiches. When we first got here, we tried to go a couple times but the line was always way to long and I never thought it was worth it. I mean, I bake pretty darn well so who needs to wait in line forever when I can just go home and make it myself. Well, it finally took some friends coming into town to make us go. I have to say that I was impressed how good the cookies were and the line went really fast. Our dear friend Ann came into town and she grew up around here and really wanted to go so we went to Diddy Reese and had a great time.

Doug's brother Adam, his wife Lisa, and son Steven came to visit us this weekend. Off to Diddy Reese we went. There we were minding our own business in line when a homeless man came and just hit, yes hit our dear dear Steven....hard. What the heck???? He said that he did not like the way that "the baby" was starring at him. As Steven was crying, it took everything in me not to go hit him back. Call me insensitive, but that is an innocent boy he was talking about. Anyway, Diddy Reese is still the bomb but watch out for people standing around you. Who would want to hurt this adorable little guy??

6 comments:

The Burnetts said...

Oh my gosh...Adam said he would have killed the guy if he was there. You don't mess with the babies!

April Celeste Garff said...

Can't believe that guy would hit a baby! If it were me, I probably would have hit him back!

Glad you finally tried Diddy Reise. My personal favorite is chocolate chocolate chip cookies with peanut butter ice cream, yum!

nikki said...

I would have hit him for sure... Jerkface.

Side of Jeffrey said...

Can I go there In september?

Adam and Lisa said...

At least we still had fun. ;) It was so great to see you guys! Thanks again for the amazing dinner!!! And thankfully babies don't have very long memory banks for yucky things. :)

The Maucotel's said...

You aren't insensitive, that guy was! I wouldn't have been able to hold back the way you did. You can't mess with the mama bear's babies.