Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Appreciation #19


My appreciation this month goes out to the Orton's. I first met the Orton's when Eric was in the bishopric of the singles ward that I was attending in NYC. We got to know Eric and his wife, Emily more after Doug and I were married and Doug served in the bishopric with then Bishop Eric Orton. Eric and Emily are one of those couples that you always find yourself asking, "how do they possibly do so much and always make it look so easy?" They are by far one of the strongest couples that I know. They have five beautiful children, home school their kids, attend every church activity, do service for both the family and singles wards, and are the best of friends to everyone. When we had to pick another couple to write a reference letter for Doug and I to adopt they were one of the first couples that came to mind. I will always be grateful that they put so much time into the letter. We miss spending time with the Orton's and secretly hope that they move to California but we are so happy that we have continued to keep in touch:)

No comments: