Wednesday, January 30, 2008

In the beginning...

Tamara really wanted to start a blog and for me to write it. You may recall this from the last Christmas letters as well. We'll (frequently) post about cool stuff we do, link to cool things, and I'll channel my inner Smokey to try and be funny. I can think of at least two people who will be laughing. The format will also be open to our opinions on politics, sports, finance, and Tamara's pop culture. It's our blog and we can do what we want. On to the real content...
The biggest thing going on right now is trying to get Tamara knocked up. We're sure if we were in high school this wouldn't have been a problem, but right now she's in the middle of giving herself shots. They started off pretty mild but yesterday she got the real deal, realer than Real-Deal Holyfield. She cried like a little school girl or, for those of you who knew me in college, like my roommates after a beat down in fooseball. So any of you who have sympathy for her pain and want to send her chocolate, she'd really appreciate it. Anyway, we'll report after we hear more news from the doctor.

13 comments:

Side of Jeffrey said...

And now you hookas and ho's know how I feel! (um, sorry parents of Tamara and Doug who don't like words like hookas and ho's)

Tamara - we should talk. I had to get 5 shots yesterday into the padding of my foot. They were unsuccessful in numbing me and when the doctor took a centimeter chunk out of my foot I screamed and banged my fist against the wall to resist heavy cursing. Shots are lame.

Taylor said...

I can't believe Tamara cried any more than those losers who tried to challenge us in fooseball.

MnM said...

Nice job on the blog. Can't wait to hear New Yorker's political opinions especially this election year. As an Arizonan all I can say is don't vote for McCain. He's done a poor job representing the state of Arizona as a, so called, Republican. My endorsement goes to Romney!

Side of Caitlin said...

Boo ya! Can't wait to hear about your adventures and opinions. Doug-bring on the politics and Tam- bring on the pop culture!

Heather Anna said...

Tamara, do you prefer dark or milk? I have a box of dark I'd be happy to share :-).

nikki said...

It's about time you ended up in the blog world. I hate the idea of shots, but I like the idea of it producing a mini Hall.

tawni said...

Awe...you guys joined the blogging world! Im thrilled. Tamara, I feel your pain. I can't wait for the good news. It's not too far away now. We love the first post. We are laughing so hard. Not at your shot, but the my neighbor can beat up your neighbor thing. Awesome. You haven't met our neighbors here in LA though. You might want to take it back. Looking forward to lots of laughs!

Ellen said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Now we can know every juicy detail of your lives.
Tamara, I feel your pain. The first time I had to give myself those shots, Scott was out of town. My stomach swelled up like a balloon and my ovaries felt like they had been punched repeatedly. I couldn't get up from my bed for hours at a time. It's the equivalent of a man getting kicked in the crotch all day. We women are strong, but those kicked the crap out of me. I'm so sorry! This too shall pass.

Lisa H said...

Best of luck with the shots. Sounds like not fun, but I can't wait to see your incredibly cute kids. Thanks for the updates!

Lisa

erinmalia said...

wow. you're so popular already! but i'm excited you're joining the blogwagon. i tell ya, i have more friends now than i ever did!

Julia said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you guys. Shots are no fun.

I am still laughing about your neighbors beating up my neighbors-- they probably could.

KatieDid said...

OK, Jason and I think you guys are hilarious. Hookas and ho's don't get me down. And, our neighbors could give your neighbors some trouble, they already give us trouble.
Go shots, go!! Funny food story,
and funny friends.

Kaedi said...

I love that the Halls are bloggin!