Friday, February 1, 2008

School Girl

I feel like I should reply to what Doug said about me crying like a little school girl. Yes, there were tears, but I would like to see him stick that thing in his stomach everyday. I truly thought that this whole process was going to be no big deal. I have put myself through enough pain with Brazilian Bikini Waxes, plucking my eyebrows, having extractions, and getting Blue Face Peels, but nothing could prepare for this. Lucky me, the doctor said today that he was going to double my dose...good times are to be had.
On a lighter note, I did receive a Blue Face Peel lately and I am very happy with the results. For those of you that knew me growing up, I was in the sun as much as possible. My favorite vacations were at the beach or lake doing nothing but laying out relaxing. These were all good times, but I never thought about putting sunscreen on. Remember that song, Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)? I laughed at it and thought, never me. Well, as Doug likes to point out to everyone, I am really old this year by turning 30. Yes, the age spots started to show, especially after our trip to Cancun this year. For my birthday, Christmas, and every other holiday for the next five years, Doug agreed to let me get some work done on my face. By work, I mean facial peels and creams. After two months of applying the face cream, I went in for the big peel and I had no idea that beauty hurt so much. My guy, Claudio, gave me three Valiums to relax me a bit. Relax me it did. After the peel was complete, I took the subway home but I have no memory of me getting there. Not to mention the fact that I stopped at the grocery first and had a little spell of the munchies. I picked up all the chips, donuts, and oatmeal (still have no idea why I grabbed a huge container of oatmeal) that I could. After calling my mother for the third time in a half hour and telling her the same story, she told me to go home and get some rest. Of course that was after I offered donuts to everyone on the street. I did not understand why I woke up two hours later with a stomach ache until I looked at all the floor and saw everything that I just ate. The point of the story is don't do drugs. The real point of the story is look how good this before and after shot is:

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

I like the shot with your doctor's boobs in the background :) haha. You look awesome. Good luck with all the shots - that can't be fun. Tell Douglas that this is a hate free zone and we don't allow making fun of wives in here.

jrushing said...

Hey Tamara! I am so glad to see that you have joined the blog world! I wish you all the best in your endevors -- I would cry too! The peel looks great too!

tawni said...

I am laughing so hard. Did you really take three? I think I am going to sign up for the peel. The results are great! I should have got that after I was pregnant. I got the worst case of pregnancy mask ever. It just now faded after a 16 months! Brazilian Bikini waxes also? You are such a little sex kitten! Haha. Yeah, those hurt x10. I think my experience was worse than child birth. Good luck with everything. We absolutely LOVE the blog so far. You are keeping me in stitches over here.

Julia said...

Your skin looks amazing. I am NEVER one to voluntarily put myself through pain though, so I think I will just regret the no-sunscreen days more and more with each new spot.

erinmalia said...

what a woman for the brazilians. i wish i was that brave.

nikki said...

Somehow that is funny but frightening at the same time. It's a wonder people actually like to do drugs and have no recollection of what they did or where they have been. Glad you made it home safely and the only casualties were the donuts!

Beastmaster said...

Yeah,it seems that Douglas is always making Tamara feel so much better about herself: no jokes about how she looks or how she acts in pain. I like how they are just so complimentary to each other. Good luck Tamara!

k e n d r a said...

you look really hot in your before picture.

Adam and Lisa said...

Wow, that peel sounds awesome--but super painful! And your shots are in your stomach?!?! Man, I look up to you more and more every single day.

~Lisa