Sunday, February 17, 2008

Appreciation

I wanted to say thanks to so many people that have been such a great support to Doug and I over the past couple of weeks. Thanks to all of you, Doug has not had to clean or cook for himself once while I have been able to rest. I often call our friends here "My NY Family" because of the obvious reason, they are. Home is where your heart is and for now, my heart is very much here is New York City. In sacrament this afternoon we had a married couple, that are here on their mission, speak to us and I very much enjoyed their talks. The gentleman's talk touched on the fact that we all need to show more appreciation in our lives, and I happen to agree with him. I have learned more about service in the four years of living here then I have any where else. I often worry that I don't show enough appreciation for all of my many blessings. What I have decide to do was: each week do a shout out to someone that I have appreciated in my life. The list is long and I am not sure where to start. This is very random but because I have such a great picture, I am starting with Jake Breinholt. Last night I really needed a laugh and he supplied one by doing this:


It was just what the doctor ordered. He and his wife have become great friends of ours and I am so thankful. You can learn more about them at: http://www.jakenreag.com.

1 comment:

Turbo said...

Man, I wish I could use that for my Driver's License picture