Thursday, February 28, 2008

There's an M&M in everyone

Here is the M&M in me, what do you look like?



For anyone that really knows me, you would know that I love chocolate, especially plain milk chocolate M&M's. Our love affair started when I was about three years old and being potty trained. Every time that I went in the toilet, I got a hand full of M&M's from my mom. I quickly learned (thanks to my big brothers) that if I just flushed the toilet and went and told mom, I could still get a hand full of M&M's. I am feeling a little guilty lately because I have been cheating on the milk chocolate for the dark. I have gone to the dark side, as the ads would say.

Our love affair has lasted through out the years because lets face it; Mr. M&M has always been there for me. Through all my break-ups, accomplishments, birthdays, lazy days, rainy days and through all the good and the bad. He never made me feel bad about myself and never judged me when I eat a whole bag. I have a system to eating M&M's. I like to eat them two at a time with the colors matching and always leaving the green for last. This is because you can make wishes on the green:) My dad used to like to mess up my system on purpose and I was always not very pleased. Doug is well aware of our relationship and is okay with it; he will often use M&M's to cheer me up. What a great and smart man that Doug is, don't fight it, go with it.

Anyway, I bring this up because once again, Mr. M&M has been there for me thanks to my sister-in-law Christa Hall. This morning I received a package in the mail. When I opened it up I found four bags of yummy, delicious M&M's. The best part was that they were blue and pink and all of them were labeled "Knocked Up Soon" and "Be Happy". That Christa is so awesome and always knows what to do to make me smile.



I also have to mention that in the past two weeks, our dear friend Caitlin has brought me dark chocolate M&M's twice to cheer me up and it was just what the doctor ordered. (This link is to her husband Jeff's blog because Caitlin feels that she is too cool to have one on her own).

I hope that everyone has been as fortunate as I have to have such a great food companion, if so, feel free to give them a shout out.

14 comments:

Ryanne said...

Amen sista! I am soooo hooked on chocolate. Wait, let me revise that, I am actually addicted to anything sweet. Today I went from Snickers to Skittles. I love it all!

Ellen said...

I have to say I always thought M&Ms were a bit on the tame side, but the texture of crunchy and soft is unbeatable. I like chocolate with something else - peanut butter (like Reese's Pieces) or raspberry, coconut, orange, whatever. But I would never turn down an M&M. I also eat them two at a time - I have to be symmetrical and have one on each side of my mouth. I know, weird. If there is only one left, I will bite it in two and have half on each side. It takes all kinds to make a world, I guess.

Reagan said...

Well, since you are asking.....I'll give you my three, since I have never committed to one specific cheer-me-up food.

You know I love donuts, since I was a tiny little girl. This was put on pause when we moved to Utah, because they don't have dunkin'.
Also, for a sweetening accessory, I love really warm an gooey honey, on a slice of warm Home-made bread.
I love Peanut M&Ms for candy, but I'm still waiting for peanut with dark chocolate.
Notice, no men are going to post on this, I think this stuff is left for the Ladays.

Kendra Leigh said...

So, I just recently bought AN ENTIRE BAG of only GREEN M&Ms. I'll make a wish for you every time I eat one!

jeff said...

I remember a commercial from when I was a kid that said green M&Ms were "home runs," so that's why I've always liked the green ones best.

I usually overdo it on then-favorite candy (Three Musketeers, Fastbreak, etc.), which is why they become then-favorites. But I can think of two that are no longer made that I really miss:

From my childhood, the PB Max. I would scrape the layers off one at a time with my teeth.

And more recently, my all-time favorite, the Nestle Tollhouse Cookie Bar. It was so good, and so short-lived.

For a little slice of heaven and a big slice of cavities, I highly recommend the battered Mars bar at A Salt & Battery on Greenwich Ave. just off 14th St.

I am a guy, but this post is right up my alley. I also own 4 pink shirts and love ABBA.

erinmalia said...

while not much of a chocolate fan, i do appreciate the system in which you eat them. personally, the greens and browns go first. the reds (regardless of what candy) are eaten last. unless there is something pink, and then the pinks are eaten last. hmm...ocd for me? i think so!

Tamara said...

Jeff, I have been to A Salt & Battery and I highly agree with you...it is amazing. It is funny though, when I go see a movie, I always buy Twizzlers because I can't see the M&M colors in the dark.

Tamara said...

Erin, were you ever told that red M&M's gave you cancer? Weird but when I was young, I believed it.

The Finck Five said...

for my part, I enjoyed Tami's potty training because when she went we were all rewarded with M&Ms, so there was a great amount of encouraging of her to go and go often. So thanks for all the M&M back in the day and hopefully the magic Knocked up M&Ms work. If they do, you might to keep them locked up, I would hate for doug to try them.

Turbo said...

I love M&Ms. I generally get the Peanut variety. I can't have them very often though. My wife doesn't let me keep them in the house :(

Side of Jeffrey said...

My indulgence of choice is obviously Burger King. Having gone there pretty much every Saturday for the past 3-4 years, I don't know if I could live a week without it.

Sechrist Family said...

Love the "knocked up soon" idea. Love it.

andrea gale said...

Paul can go through a large bag of M&Ms in about an hour!! Me, well, I tend to gorge myself on Swedish Fish. And Tootsie Rolls. And lemon filled donuts. And brownies.

danandconnie@gmail.com said...

I think the green peanut ones make your dreams come true, Dad.