Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Keeping up with the Smoots

MISSING*:

Perhaps you may have seen our missing dishes. We took a meal to the bishop's family because they had just had their fifth child. They returned the dishes to me at church where I promptly left them because I bike home and I thought I'd get them the next week. Well, a couple of weeks later we were out of town and they were sent along to the RS by our clerk who in a fit of rage cleaned the clerks office. They were promptly lost. We have no idea who has them or where they are stashed.

There are lots of people who could be blamed for this egregious offense. Close to the top of the list is me because I didn't take them home for a couple weeks. That's valid and probably the most reasonable. Beyond that, maybe the clerk who jacked my stuff. Or whoever took them. (As an aside, whoever that is, and I bet it was unintentional, fear Tamara's wrath. She has two patches feeding her estrogen 24/7 for the past two weeks.) Not me. I blame the Smoots.

When we took over the meal to the Orton's we also took a meal from the Smoots. There were bows, gifts, and boxes along with the meal. Everything was neatly packed and packaged like she had experience preparing food for photo shoots or something like that. Oh, wait. To try and not be shown up too much, Tamara threw in some extra stuff and sent along glass instead of Tupperware. She also didn't mark them with tape and her name because that would be tacky. Never mind there's a reason you do it (like stuff goes missing), it's tacky. So now our stuff is missing and Tamara isn't impressed. I could blame my wife but I value my health. I guess we learned our lesson about giving people food. So, Smoots, I'm looking at you. If you weren't so creative and your stuff and packaging so cute, I wouldn't be writing this post.


*Anywhere you see text, assume there's sarcasm. Really, we love the Smoots and are lobbying for them to stay in NY. At least until we leave. Then they can feel free to do as they please.

8 comments:

Miggy said...

Those blasted Smoots.

Side of Jeffrey said...

The Smoots are for sure the most guilty. Then I'd blame a church system that teaches service and kindness. But primarily, the Smoots.

Turbo said...

I think that I saw something on their blog about how they were giving away two dishes that looked just like the ones in the picture.

s e t h said...

wait, don't pull me into this thing. i had nothing to do with it. it was definitely kendra, not 'the smoots'. but we did get our dishes back btw, along with a very nice thank you card

Tamara said...

I did receive the thank you card.

k e n d r a said...

well if i was as good of a cook as tamara i wouldn't have to fool people into eating the food with fancy packaging.

booya

Tamara said...

No worries everyone...the dishes showed up in the RS room.

Urban Tangerine said...

Whew! I'm glad this sorted itself out because I remember a very lovely painted Italian salad bowl. Just to be safe, we'll stay away from having children in the future. =)