Tuesday, February 5, 2008

First things first

After reviewing my post from last night and some of the feedback we received, I need to make a few things clear. With that particular story, I edited a few details, like Tamara really thought it was a joint party and she really thought other couples would be there. There was no malicious intent. Also, the episode is a joke between us and something that we laugh about and I don't really hold it over her head. It was her idea to write about it because we both think it's funny. Tamara approves every post before I put it on so we both missed how it would be perceived. Last, Tamara's a great wife who does everything she can to make me happy and I make my meager attempts to do the same. She would never do anything to purposefully emasculate me. Most everything we do together and love spending time with each other. This was an aberration which is why it's so funny to us. I also realize that the story in print comes across very differently than if I'm telling it in person. I just wanted to clarify that I do love my wife, a lot, and that story is in no way representative of our relationship.
Your repentant blogger.

5 comments:

Turbo said...

I would like to get a transcript of the discussion that led to this post. Hahaha. Way to keep your man in check Tamara!

Side of Jeffrey said...

As you get to know your audience, and your audience you, these types of incidents will diminish.

Stephanie said...

Am I (the other half of Jamal's wife) one of those people who you think thought you were having marital strife over this baby shower??? I sincerely apologize if that was the case. I know who you are. You guys are funny. I can hear, through your writing, the way you say things and understand what you mean. And if not, I have Tay to translate for me. No worries - we know you love each other and that Tamara's not a hater. What does the doormat say??

Side of Jeffrey said...

Oh, and that dog is so cute I can hardly concentrate.

Holly said...

I knew the below entry was a joke, if that makes you feel better.