Thursday, February 21, 2008

Bummer

I went to visit a campus today so I was home this morning. Good thing because Tamara was having some issues so I told her to call the doctor or at least a doctor friend. She relented and called her doc. They wanted her to come in right away. If she had been home alone she would have just suffered through it. Fortunately I was able to go with her.
It turns out the embryos didn't take so we're starting over. We talked with the doctor and the things we learned from this first go-around. We'll take a three week break
and then begin again but with a different protocol that should help the eggs develop differently, which is what he thinks is the problem. Tamara was ready to start again but I'm glad the doctor suggested we wait a few weeks. We're hoping the new plan will produce better results.
I'm sure Tamara would love to talk to you but don't be disappointed if she doesn't answer the phone for a bit but calls you back later.
One of the things we've tried to do is find funny stuff to keep the situation a bit lighter since it can be frustrating and sad. That's one of the reasons we started the blog. So, enjoy Tamara's favorite new blog that makes her laugh, courtesy of the Dixes: stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com If this doesn't make you laugh or at least chuckle, well, I don't know what to tell you.

17 comments:

LeolaniNYC said...

you both are in my heart and my prayers. if i can do ANYTHING, please allow me to do so.

Tamara said...

yep. sounds like you have the right attitude!

that sucks.

but i have serious hope for you two! here's looking to good things ahead!

i'll let you know if i find anything particularly funny for ya.

thinkin' bout you both. praying hard.

Miggy said...

Good luck you guys...you'll be in our prayers.

Reagan said...

I don't know what to say. You are amazing for staying so strong. I hope you'll let me visit you tomorrow. I'll bring you a treat ;)

Ellen said...

I'm so sorry. I know it is so hard right now. And the waiting is torture. REMEMBER that despite temporary setbacks, time, modern medicine, and the Lord are on your side (and everyone here too). The Lord has so much in store for you amazing people. It is obvious from your network of friends and family that about a million people love you.
We're sending all our prayer vibes your way.

s e t h said...

hang tough guys (quoting the NKOTB) we're proud of you for being strong

Ann said...

I'm really sorry to hear about that, anything you need that I can offer or do is yours. In the mean time, this makes me laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQJD1ura7G4

nikki said...

As always, the Kelly's are praying and calling in favors on your behalf to the merciful man upstairs. We love you.

Hillary said...

I think this snow is a good omen. Heavenly Father didn't think the world was clean and white enough for your little baby to enter yet. He's fixing the problem as we speak :) Keep your chin up!

Ryanne said...

I came to your blog to post a, "Hello!" back to you and tell you I am excited to be in touch.
I am sorry to hear that you are going through such a tough time right now. You are extremely strong for sharing your struggle. It may be hard to see now but experiences like these tend to make people even stronger. You are on your way to becoming SuperWoman! I'll be thinking of you.

Side of Jeffrey said...

you guys rule. Ellen has some wise words there. Wish I could get her to comment on my blog...

Jen Bennion said...

Oh guys, i'm sorry. You both have such posiyive attitudes and determination. We are thinking about you and are glad that you have eachother to lean on during the rough times. Hang in there!

Sechrist Family said...

Love you Tam! Hang in there guys!!!

Danasty said...

Tamara, what you need right now is a trip to DISNEYLAND, come with me! It is the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH@ It'll be right before you start the next treatment, I'll by you a plane ticket, whatever it takes!

tawni said...

Im sorry :( Its a hard thing to go through. It will happen though. Promise. I don't know why God has other plans sometimes, but his timing with stuff is perfect! Maybe its because God wants Doug to come to business school at UCLA so we can help out with all the freaking kids you are going to have! Can anyone say sextuplets? See, God knows you can't fly with that many screaming infants cross country. You would jump out of the plane!

erinmalia said...

oh honey i'm so sorry! i know i shouldn't complain about my own pregnancy for this reason alone: i'm just lucky to be able to do so. given so many of c's siblings (and siblings-in-law) have had much harder times, i should be more senstive. best wishes on the next try!

Jessica said...

ugh... I'm so sorry, guys.
you're in our prayers!