Sunday, January 11, 2009

Adoption Profile

Dear Friends and Family,

As many of you know, Doug and I are in the process of trying to adopt a child. We have tried many ways to have a family on our own but it seems that it was not meant to be that way.

We are currently working with LDS Services and we hope that something works out with them. We are also trying to do this on our own. We are asking our close friends and family to help get our information out there to a mother that is looking to give up her baby for adoption. We have put together a website with some of our information. If you could please have a look and forward it on to anyone that may be able to help.

http://www.dougandtamarahall.com

We appreciate your help so much and we are so very excited to be parents sometime in the near future.

6 comments:

Ellis Family said...

Great website! I can't imagine you having a problem finding a baby, they would be lucky to have you! Good luck and keep us posted! I'll pass on the info :)

Karly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
erin wilson said...

So fantastic! You will be such wonderful parents!!!

Ryan and Emily said...

Just wanted to say I loved your adoption profile. It is so beautiful! You guys are in our prayers as you go through this!

Tigerlillie said...

good luck with everything. I know lots of people who have adopted through a bunch of different avenues I'm sure one of your contacts will come through. Our prayers are with you!

themisswhit said...

I hope you don't mind the random commenter... I just happened upon your blog from a friends while blog hopping & just felt like I should comment. (I also just realized Doug was in one of my wards at BYU in his brief Colony days. Anyway...)

Maybe you've already run across this blog, but you should check out http://www.therhouse.blogspot.com She is one of my good friends from growing up and has been able to become a mother through adoption in the last 3 years. She's also become one of the biggest adoption advocates I've ever met! She has a wonderful perspective on parenting & adoption that is helpful to anyone who reads her blog. Thru the sharing of her own adoption journey she's created quite the adoption network and is always willing to help others out and give advice and answer questions etc. I just thought that extra info can always be helpful!

I glanced over your adoption site and it looks great. I know you'll be fabulous parents when the time comes! I'm excited for you and hopefully you don't mind this random comment! (I really am sorry if I"m overstepping my bounds here. :) ) take care!