Monday, May 25, 2009

Crafty

I have become good friends with a co-worker named Katrina and she is expecting her first child. For her shower I offered to help with the food and she ended up hiring me to make some cupcakes and I added my own surprises. She asked me to do this because I have started to be quite the baker lately and I use my fellow employees at work as my testers because Doug thinks that everything I make is delicious (good man!!). I made the ever so good chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese filling, top with cream cheese frosting. My friend Heather came over and thought me how to use fonded so we added beautiful flowers on top. While I was at the gym with Melissa, she had mentioned seeing cupcakes that look like baby rattles and they were just adorable so we went with that. Then I once again wanted to try the mini cupcakes from bakerella so I made those with pink colored chocolate this time, they turned out so cute. Here are some photos to give you an idea:



On the shower invite it asked everyone to bring the new mother diapers but I wanted to get creative so I again asked for help from Melissa. She helped me make a diaper cake that turned out cuter then I could have ever imagined. First, we went to Joanne's to get fabric, ribbons, and bows. She then taught me how to make burp rags and wash clothes. We added the burp rags to the top of the cake then added the burp rags around the cake with the diapers and wait for it.....made suckers out of the wash clothes....so cute. Melissa is so talented, you should check out her own little business, she is amazing. Here are some more pictures to give you a better idea:


Thanks to all my friends and all their talents, I am learning so much from you:)

5 comments:

LeolaniNYC said...

you are so truly talented! Katrina is so lucky to have you as a friend!

Reagan said...

Gorgeous, all of it!

Chelsea said...

I wish I lived closer to you, so I could feast on all these yummy treats you are always whipping up!

Adam and Lisa said...

You are so amazing! I wish we lived right by each other so you could show me how to do all of this!!!

danandconnie@gmail.com said...

Thanks for being a wonderful daughter and friend. Katie and I are fortunate to have you in our lives. We may all be eating our food storage soon so good for you