Sunday, August 16, 2009

Baking Withdrawls

I have been trying to lose some weight so I have stopped my love of baking for about two months now but I just could not take it anymore. Doug planned an evening of Halo with the guys so I planned an evening of baking. I could not decide between something sweet and tangy or something chocolate so I went with both. Thanks to Martha Stewart, I made chocolate cookies with marshmallows in the middle covered with chocolate frosting, always a favorite in my world. Doug's favorite dessert is anything with lemon and raspberry so I dreamed up this recipe that I must say turned out to be the bomb!! I made lemon pudding by scratch whipped it with heavy cream then layered with ginger snaps and raspberries and let it set. I could not get a great picture, but it is amazing. We have a lot of extra so if you are reading this and want some, come on over!! After tonight I am going to have to work out double but so worth it.

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

Heaven help me if you lived closer to me. That looks dangerously delicious. you are so talented!

Bryn Stucki said...

Ditto on the first comment, its a good thing I'm a couple thousand miles away....however..if you want to post the recipes somewhere that would be amazing.

Rich and Nichole said...

So I snooped and found your blog-- you are still as amazing as I remember. Loved the adoption site. We've got the room if you need it when you come to SLC. If nothing else call so we can chat "producing shop" I miss that part of my life so much. School starts next week so I am free, free, free during the day (can you tell I am ready?). Here's my blog and email. Send me your email and I'll send you all my personal info-I need an update on yours. Your Christmas card was sent back to me this year--maybe because you lived on the other side of the country.. :)-nichole

www.thecoombs.blogspot.com
nichole@coombsfamily.org

Danasty said...

I don't suppose those would last a shipment to Texas would they, ah well I can look at them and drool...--Christa

Kaedi said...

Yes, please!!!

Laura Earl said...

I had some and it was the best! Thanks for sharing Tamara.

April Celeste Garff said...

You should never have to give up baking to be thinner...a girl has got to have her chocolate! Try fat-free coolwhip with sugar free chocolate pudding---quick low-fat, low-calorie chocolate dessert!

TheKeilShpeel said...

I would love to have that chocolate recipe. It looks heavenly :)
hbkeil@yahoo.com