Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Welcome William


Sunday night I spoke with the birthmother of our second child for about an hour about issues she was having and other things going on in her life. You know I must be committed if I was on the phone for 53 minutes. I didn't do very much talking. The last time I was on a conversation that one-sided was when I asked Tamara's dad for permission to marry her. She said at the end of the conversation she was getting uncomfortable and wanted to lie down. An hour later she texted (Tamara, I don't text) saying she was having contractions. Twenty minutes later we got a text from her friend they were at the hospital. Twenty minutes later we got a text the baby was here. Between the two babies there was less than forty minutes of labor. She was at a tiny community hospital so she was transferred to another tiny community hospital that had a nursery section. William Hudson Hall was born at 11 weighing in at a solid 8 lbs. 4 oz. and 21 1/2 inches long. He's almost as big as and has more hair than Ben, who's six weeks old. We're still at the hospital because he has a respiratory infection but we're meeting with the pediatrician shortly and hopefully he gets released today. For some reason Tamara forgot the cord from her camera and the battery charger so we only have one pic to share right now. I assure you there will be more.
Tamara wanted me to add something about where the names comes from. Wilford is her grandfather's name and William is also the name of some great guys we know including Bill and Nate. Hudson was the name Tamara wanted since we lived in New York when half of our ward named their kid Hudson. Nobody cared they were all the same because, like us, they wouldn't be around for more than a few years. Benjamin is close to Bennion, my mom's maiden name and Ellis is her mother's maiden name. Just a little FYI.

36 comments:

Laura Earl said...

Congrats!!! Can't wait to meet William. And again if you guys need anything let us know.

The Earls

Hope said...

Hooray! So excited for you all.

Michele said...

He's gorgeous! Congrats to you both! Tamara - I know I'm an hour away but please let me know if you need anything!!!

Side of Caitlin said...

Hooray Hooray! We are SO THRILLED for you guys! Can't wait to see more pics!

Ellen said...

Congratulations. We are so happy for you. I am amazed that you were able to get two so quickly! I'm sure there's a great story behind that. Lots of love from Chicago!
The Hennemans

Miggy said...

Congratulations! Wow...so exciting. What a wonderful, busy and blessed time. Good luck and much love from Cincy.

Malesa said...

Congratulations! He's a cutie! Good luck with both of them! I'm sure you will have a busy, wonderful time with them both.

Christina said...

Wow, that is great! You weren't kidding when you said you'd take two then huh!

Jaime said...

congrats! He is a cute dude!

tracie said...

Congrats on your new addition. What a beautiful family you have!

R said...

Two babies!!! That is so wonderful! Keep the pictures coming. Although with two little ones I am sure you will be busy.

Turbo said...

So happy for you guys.

Chelsea said...

Great news! Can't wait to see more pictures. Congratulations you guys.

Julia said...

Congratulations. We are so happy for you. And I love both of their names. Lots of love from New York.

April Celeste Garff said...

Congrats on your second one! Hopefully it won't be too much trouble for you to have two little ones at one time. William is a great name!

erinmalia said...

the first sentence says everything: "your second child!" what a miracle. you have to stop giving me all these chills. :) hooray for you and congrats to big brother ben.

The Maucotel's said...

Congratulations Hall family! Words cannot express how excited we are for you. Love you guys!

Kaedi said...

YAY! We're so thrilled for you guys. Congratulations!!!

Kelli said...

Congrats you guys! What a darling little boy. Please let us know if we can do anything to help!

Carl Hardie said...

Congrats you guys! I'm glad you named at least one of your kids Hudson. Otherwise I would be extremely disappointed in you as a New Yorker.

Bonnie said...

He's huge! I am so used to seeing Ben who is mini!
Congratulations! Cant wait to meet him!

KB said...

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Tara B said...

Congratulations, you guys! I am so excited for you and your not one but TWO lucky boys.

Nikki CB said...

Yay!! Congratulations on both of your sons. How incredibly exciting.

Kimpossible said...

And who says God doesn't open the windows of Heaven...2 babies? What a miracle! I'm so happy for you guys! Congratulations!

Side of Jeffrey said...

Thanks for the heads up on the names...informative and exciting. Congrats again on numero dos.

Mia said...

Congratulations!!! I love your two adorable little boys.

natalie todd said...

Yay congrats! He looks so big compared to little Ben. Let me know when you guys get back and I'll bring dinner up... that is if I'm not in labor yet.

Elder & Sister Ellis said...

Wish I could be there to help! Welcome to the wonderful world of parenting twins (basically)! Congrats you have now entered the insanity zone for the next few years at least!

Marci said...

Welcome to William! We are thrilled and hope you get some rest over the next few crazy months. All our best.

Leslie said...

What a chunk! He's adorable. You guys are brave soles to take on two! Congrats, I'm so happy for you!

Diapers Coupons said...

congratulations! he is soo cute! You guys are awesome!

Carla said...

Whoa! Two boys in such a short time... now the fun begins. :) I'm so happy for you both. And please, more pics when you come up for air.

Stephen said...

congrats. cant wait to meet your kids.

TheKeilShpeel said...

Congrats again.. take two :). I'd love to hear the story of these adoptions sometime. Enjoy them.. they grow up to quickly.

Giaellis2 said...

What a beautiful boy! Can't wait to see pics of the 4 of you! Congrats! What a wonderful early X-mas gift :)