Sunday, October 11, 2009

I'll take two

Big Ben (I'll try a few nicknames and judge what we use by the reader response but some of them are intentionally lame and I'll ignore any further recommendations you make) got out of the hospital yesterday. He and Tamara are at her aunt and uncle's in Pleasant Grove. Tamara's also update the link with the pictures at least every other day so feel free to check out the new pics. She said li'l bizzle now gets annoyed when he sees the camera, not just when the flash comes on, so I asked her to tone it down a little bit for his long term health. Apparently aversion to taking inordinate amounts of pictures are genetic.
Many of you will be familiar with the We Ain't Scared Tour 2003 featuring D'nasty, Pound Fi'ty, and Wolverine. There were several themes and phrases that really made the tour epic. One of those was, I'll take two. Perhaps you need an example. While drooling over the McLaren F1 and finding out the price tag was only $1MM, you would here "I'll take two!" When being offered a small dessert by a foodserer disgusted by the amount of food you've eaten at their all you can eat buffet you might here "I'll take two," over and over and over again. Another one of the phrases was I ain't scared. When jumping off perilous cliffs where a few feet in either direction would mean broken bones the proper response is "I ain't scared." If you arrive in a town at midnight looking for a place and someone offers you one and leads you down an alley to her house you reply "I ain't scared." I think you get the idea. When the opportunity came up to adopt Benno, these were the two lines that popped into my head. Probably because, just like the tour, we had no idea what we were getting in to. So far, Bennoi has been a trooper and really responded to us. After the papers were signed and we were visiting with B-jammin alone for the first time after two days, the nurses told us Benno hadn't been eating and if he didn't start they'd have to insert a feeding tube. After hanging out for half an hour we gave him a blessing and five minutes later he took down half a bottle and continues to eat like champion. Beno responded way more to Tamara than any of the nurses and they made comments on how quickly he knew who his mom was. Benny and mom should be home in about a week which means I have a lot of work to get the room ready for Jam. Anyway, take care and if you have any recommendations for nicknames for Benjo let me know.

16 comments:

Side of Jeffrey said...

Bendover. I also like calling him Bent so you can tell people to go "get Bent"

Stephanie said...

Call him whatever you'd like. I'm all for some weird nickname you and Taylor will find equally hilarious. Aunt Stephy will just call him Benny, if that's cool with you. Oh, and you might consider taking down your "hoping to adopt" link before someone else wants you to take their kid :) Cause who wouldn't want you to parent their child? We've even considered giving you ours...

KatieDid said...

"I ain't scared" but I kind of am, you've opened a can of worms. LIke I'm seeing here already!! He's so adorable, keep up the pics!

The Burnetts said...

I think you've got the nickname sit under control, but I'd be happy to help with any prep work you need before Tam comes home...let me know if you need anything!

Danasty said...

D'nasty here. I don't recall any Wolverine on the tour, but a certain Pansyrene comes to mind. Best of luck to you and B-Diddy!

Carl Hardie said...

For nicknames, I like Beano, Beans, Beaner (rhymes with wiener) and just "B." But I just plan on calling him whatever girly name I can think of at that moment.

Adam and Lisa said...

Haha, my favorites are "Beno" and "B-Jammin." We were sad to miss you yesterday at the Hall's!

Side of Caitlin said...

I say Ben-jammin. I can't wait to meet your little guy!

April Celeste Garff said...

Glad to hear B-Jammin loves his mommy and that everything seems to be going well for your family. BTW, you forgot to throw in the classic Benjamin nickname, Benji.

KB said...

That's good to hear! I was hoping I could call him Benji :)

kimber said...

I like Jam, that can lead to Jammy, and pajama-jammy-jam. Just a thought.

Laura Earl said...

So fun you can have so many nicknames! We love thinking of ours for our kids...sometimes it is surprising which one sticks :)

Jacy said...

Hey-- I just heard your awesome news! Congratulations!! I loved the pictures. He's adorable. I'm so happy for you guys!

Hope said...

I agree with Karyna...Benji was on my list, but he IS yours and Tamara's :) Congrats, again!

Kimpossible said...

Thanks for the link to the pictures. He's adorable!! Are you guys going to be in Utah during Christmas? We'd love to see you!!

The Giles said...

I check in on you from time to time and was so happy to see that you have a baby. What a cute boy! And with so many people to love him. A HUGE congratulations. You will be awesome parents.