Saturday, October 3, 2009

Benjamin Ellis Hall

Friday morning we headed to the hospital as the mother was being induced. Tamara was in the room with her and I went in for a little bit while all the meds were kicking in. The mother says, I think he's crowning but I'm only four centimeters dilated. Then she had a big contraction and started making some labor pains/noises so I was out. She didn't want me in there for the birth and I didn't particularly want to be there. As I was told by Tamara, the nurse came in and said you're not having the baby yet. She decides she wants to take a nap but the doctor came in and said, "You're having this baby." So, one push later, the baby was out. It was about half an hour after I left the room. This is her third child and she told us with the second child she did one push, the doctor told her to hold on for a sec, she sneezed and the baby came out. Apparently labors aren't terribly difficult for her.
Benjamin Ellis Hall was five pounds five ounces and 18 inches long. He's healthy and happy. He grabbed my finger at one point and wouldn't let go. I didn't think he was awake so it was pretty cool. Here are a link to the pics. We'll have more posted on Sunday night.
We're really happy and feel very blessed.

26 comments:

Christina said...

That is such wonderful news. Congrats you guys, you deserve it and will be amazing parents.

Kelleen said...

This is incredible! Congratulations! We are so happy for you.

SGarff said...

This is so exiting. We are really happy for you guys. This made my day.

TheTaffs said...

Congratulatoins Doug and Tamara. I am so happy for you both. What a wonderful blessing. I've been following your blog and I know you guys have been waiting for this. I am just so so so SO happy for you both. Baby Benjamin is a lucky guy.

April Celeste Garff said...

I am so glad that you have been blessed with a new addition to your family! You deserve it! Benjamin is so lucky to have you for parents (especially because of Tamara's cooking skills) and I know you will all be very happy together. We'll have to get William and Benjamin together to play when they get a bit older. Congrats again! Let me know if you need anything.

skt said...

Congratulations Doug + Tamara!!! We are elated for you! You will be the greatest parents. Baby Benjamin is beautiful.

heart, jeremy + shelley

amy said...

what a lucky boy! congratulations you two!

ashley said...

He's adorable, congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys. What a lucky little boy to join your family! Best wishes.

Ellen said...

We love you! What a rollercoaster this must be for you guys. The mother definitely knew what she was doing when she picked you.

vdg family said...

We are so happy for you! You will be fabulous parents!

Tigerlillie said...

Yay! Oh wow! How wonderful!

Marci said...

We are so thrilled to hear your news! Ben is adorable and I'm glad to hear that his delivery wasn't a long, extended process. Best of luck and all our love,
Marci & Rob

KB said...

Yay! Baby Benjamin. Can't wait to meet him.

Mercedes said...

I am so thrilled for you-I actually started tearing up when I read this. This little one has been a long time coming and it must feel amazing to hold him in your arms! My best to you three.

Austin said...

Congrats guys! He is beautiful. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help!

Mia said...

Wonderful news! We are so happy for you all!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you both!!! And another in November. How exciting. You all be great at it. Love you

TheKeilShpeel said...

Congrats congrats! I haven't been over here in awhile. That is so exciting.. I"m so glad everything went well. Congrats to your growing family. :)

Anonymous said...

Huge congratulations! You guys are going to be the best parents ever. And you are teaching him right as the first thing he see is Doug's AC/DC shirt! :)

Turbo said...

So amazing. We are super happy for you guys. Tamara, those are some of the best "new mom" photos that I have ever seen!

Side of Jeffrey said...

B HALL Is the BOMBTRACK YALL. Congrats.

Connie said...

Amazing, Congratulations!

Giaellis2 said...

This is so unbelievably AMAZING! He's beautiful! I am soooooo happy for you guys! You will make awesome parents! Can't wait to see all the pics and watch him grow! CONGRATULAIONS Hall family! Truly a blessing :)

Heather said...

best news ever! this is heather ward. chris and i have already cried twice in excitement for you. congrats!

Malesa said...

Congratulations to you! You two are going to rock the parenting thing. Enjoy your sweet little boy!

natalie todd said...

He is flippin adorable and tiny!! Congrats! We can't wait to meet him in person when Tamara returns.