Tuesday, April 6, 2010

What are you going to wear?


Yes, that is Bon Jovi and yes, we were that close!! I will get to that in a minute but first I have to tell a story leading up to the concert.

I got two tickets from Papa Hall for Christmas to go see the Bon Jovi concert.... I was so excited. After Doug laughed at me during the last Bon Jovi concert for being so excited I decided that he was not worthy to come to this concert with me. I asked my older brother Robert because back in the day we used to rock out to Bon Jovi in the car. The last concert that Robert and I went to together was Pink Floyd and that was going to be hard to top.

The week of the concert Robert called and asked me what I was going to wear. First, that was strange coming from Robert and second, I realized that I had not even thought about what I was going to wear. Back in the day this would have been the most important question and Robert must have remembered me trying on about five different outfits for the last concert. Then I thought about the four other Bon Jovi concerts that I had been to and most of the time I was wearing black leather pants and some party blouse. I realized that I had officially become a mother of twins. I was more concerned about getting them ready then getting myself ready. Times have changed but I am so grateful. Although it is still important to be yourself and remember to take some time to have fun, I much rather be admiring how cute my boys are then how good I look in those tight pants:)

And....the concert rocked!!! They played for about two hours and still were the bomb. I noticed that John had retired his leather pants as well. I danced the whole time and made sure to scream really loud. My brother even sang the songs he knew with me (this is also a big deal). They played Living on a Prayer last and I lost my voice singing along. It was a night to remember and it made me realize that I am one lucky lady!!!


3 comments:

Side of Caitlin said...

I'm so glad that you were able to go to another Bon Jovi concert and even more glad that you had someone worthy to attend. Did you cry from happiness like the last concert?? :)

KB said...

Glad you had such a great time.
I have WAY more fun dressing Macy then myself now too. I can't really get away with the dresses and bows she can :)

Laura Earl said...

How stinking fun!! You are a lucky lady :)