Friday, May 21, 2010

The Unstoppable Force Of Jamal



Definition of Jamal:


When Doug and Best Bud Taylor Dix come together they become ONE. This hilarious, brilliant, and amazingly awesome ONE is named Jamal.


You have to ask them how and why this name came to be, I learned a long time ago not to question things when they become ONE. They live in their own worlds when they get together. I am not saying this is a bad thing, it is actually very entertaining. Taylor married the wonderful Stephanie and together they make quite a team as well (Doug was secretly jealous when Stephanie got to marry Taylor).



When Doug and I were dating he made it pretty clear that I had to get the Dix’s approval before he proposed to me. We went to visit them for Thanksgiving before we were married and I was more nervous about meeting them then I was Doug’s family. Well, the moment I met them I knew that I had no need to worry…they rocked!! They must have given Doug the thumbs up because Doug proposed the day we came home from visiting them.



They came to visit us twice while we were living in NYC, the second time with their little stud Warren. This kid really is “the man”; we fell in love with him the moment we met. We also went to visit them in Denver last year when the beautiful Camellia was born. Doug has already warned Taylor to keep her clear of our womanizer Benjamin. Stephanie and I already have our kids marrying each other in the far distant future.



Stephanie came out for Ben and Will’s baby shower and to celebrate the good news with us. It worked out perfect that she was a friend with another good friend of mine, Bonnie who helped plan the shower.



Just recently the whole Dix family came out to visit and there was no question that we would have a fantastic time. We enjoyed the beach, Disneyland, and Sea World together.





Lately I have been thinking a lot about friendships and under the definition of true friendships should be the names Stephanie and Taylor Dix.


We sure love you guys!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

SWEET! How cool to have a whole post dedicated to us. We're feeling all sorts of special.

natalie todd said...

Ah how nice tams! love all your posts especially the one of you and dougs baby pics. oh my heck they totally match up. Meant to be... i love wills blossoming personality. i think he's winning over lucy more than ben these days. Come on Ben you gotta catch up.