Saturday, September 18, 2010

Summer Birthdays


Doug and I both share June Birthdays so I think that June is the most important month of the year!! This year with so much going on in June we decided to keep things simple and to just go away for a night. Doug's mom Katie was nice enough to watch the kids for the night so we went to Long Beach and got a hotel. It was very relaxing and I had a great time laying out by the pool. They have remodeled Long Beach and it was beautiful. My favorite was the light house and walking along the water. Our friends, Melissa and Adam came and met us for dinner Greek style. I am always a sucker for some good humas and we know we picked the right place for the men because there was a lot of meat. We did not want the night to end so we went to see the movie "The A Team" which I was surprised how good it was.


On my actual birthday a bunch of my girlfriends kidnapped me at seven thirty in the morning and took me out for breakfast. Doug was suppose to "prepare" me but somehow I was at breakfast with wet hair and no makeup or bra on. Thanks ladies, it was a blast. Also, my friend Heather and Cassie took me out for High Tea. We had a wonderful afternoon.


I know that I am way behind on blogging but I hate to skip over everything that happened this summer and I really hate a long post so I will try to update sooner then ever three months:) To go along with the theme of birthdays...while I was house sitting for my boss (it was great, like staying at a resort) we had a birthday party for my friend Heather. The boys loved all of their friends over to play and we all enjoyed laying out by the pool.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

haha--I like how your idea of "keeping it simple" is my idea of "going all out." Happy June birthdays!

Karly said...

Hay! Did you cut yourself out??? I am a bit embarrassed that I am standing there in bathing suit! It was a fun party and a GREAT cake! Thanks for the fun Tamara.