Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Appreciation #18


This weeks appreciation goes out to Karly Nielsen. I first met Karly two years ago, our husbands worked together so we got to hang out at all the work socials. We became fast friends. I was so excited when I learned that her husband was also attending the MBA program at UCLA this year. Karly and her husband moved out here about two months before us and what a blessing that was for us. When we got her, Karly had already found the best way of doing things and helped give us advice everyday. Not only was that a huge help she also helped us move in and made lunch and dinner for us while we were getting everything organized. Our friendship has grown so much in the three months that we have lived in LA together. I can always count on her when I am having a bad day or not feeling well. Just last Sunday she made us dinner because I was just to tired, she is a true friend. We had to pick four families to write reference letters for the adoption process and they were so excited to do it for us. They will have no idea how much it means to us that they put so much time and effort into their letters. Here is a picture of Karly and her three adorable children. We went to the Getty museum together a couple weeks ago, check out that view. LA is a beautiful place.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Hey, I totally hit up the Getty museum over Thanksgiving and the view really does rock! Good luck on the whole adoption process. I'll look forward to your up-dates about that.

Ellis Family said...

It really is a blessing to have such amazing friends! Unfortunately I keep making them and leaving them, but I like to think I have them perfectly placed for whenever I need them :) I would be a totally different person without some of the friendships I've made and the influences they've had on me! Not sure they can say the same! LOL! I didn't know you were starting the adoption process! GOOD LUCK and keep us posted!

Karly said...

Tamara,

Just read this tonight... WOW... I feel famous and loved! Thank you for your very generous and thoughtful words. I will be printing them and putting them in my special trunk of notes. You are too good to me.

Loves, Karly