Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

I hope that everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving, we sure did. There is something about family that always makes me so happy. We spent Thanksgiving day with about 30 members of Doug's family at his parents home. I was in charge of the desserts and I went a little overboard. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin bars, banana pudding, pear pie, and chocolate mouse pie times two....I will be eating the desserts for the rest of the week but they were so good. It was so fun to see family, especially our little niece Lexi.


We then went to stay with my brother Robert and his family for the weekend. We live a very different life then my brother. He also lives in California but runs a 26, 000 acre ranch. They get up at 5am in the morning and take care of what needs to be done. I was called lazy for sleeping in until 8am but it sure felt good. We had an eventful weekend riding motorcycles, riding horses, picking oranges, and herding cows...yep, cows. It was an adventure. My eight year old niece can ride a horse much better then me and sure knows how to work those cows all on her own. I loved spending time with all the kids, I don't get to see any of them enough.

5 comments:

Ellen said...

Your list of desserts didn't seem like overdoing it to me. Maybe I need to reassess my eating habits.

26 thousand acres? That is really big. We had an acre growing up and we could barely work that. People like that are the backbone of this country. Hard, hard workers.

I'm glad you had a great time!

erinmalia said...

yum...dessert. those all sound awesome.

and man, i'm guessing these are robert's kids. that first picture of four of them, the little girl in the top right looks so much like angela to me! maybe it's just the freckles, but she certainly looks like a part of your family.

Side of Jeffrey said...

Cool Thanksgiving dudes. We got to know Chicago better - so that was hot. But it ain't riding horses.

Marci said...

Wow! It sounds like a great Thanksgiving.

GINA said...

Sounds like a great time. Us girls really need to get together and do something! I miss big family get togethers.