Monday, February 15, 2010

Missed Calls

This last weekend we went to my parents place to let the boys cry through the night. Tamara went up one day before me on Wednesday. Wednesday night I got home around 8:30 and sat down and put on a little PTI. Next thing I know it's 11:45 and the first thing I think is Tamara is going to be so mad I didn't call her. My phone looked something like this:

Of those 14, at least 12 were from Tamara. I knew I was in trouble but surprised I hadn't heard a knock on the door. Turns out this time she showed some restraint. Let's rewind about 4 years. When Tamara and I were dating I'd take her home almost every night to 168th. Then I'd turn around and go back to my place on 63rd. It took forever. I called her between the subway and my place to let her know I got home safe. One night I totally forgot to do so. I got up in the morning and had almost twenty missed calls. I thought, that's weird, I wonder what happened. Turns out Tamara freaked out when I didn't call, called my roommates who didn't answer, and then called a neighbor downstairs, Jen Bennion (née York), who came upstairs and woke up a roommate who checked in on me. I was passed out, because it was 3 am. I had to swear and promise to never, ever do it again and hear I was doing it again. Fortunately, she was much more understanding this time. Must have been Ben and Will interceding on my behalf.

3 comments:

Side of Jeffrey said...

Doug, I love when you post.

Tamara said...

ummm...I only called four times this time!! Can I help it if I worry? The subway was scary at night and now I worry about Doug crashing his motorcycle. Can't help it babe, I just love you!!

Jen Bennion said...

That was a crazy night! Your boys are so so cute. I hope the sleep training is going well. I felt like I was pretty "prepared" for motherhood before Violet was born. But I had no idea how tired I would be! That is the thing no one really explains and you can't really anticipate.