Thursday, October 30, 2008

Can't Deny


Apparently the reports of my makeover are greatly exaggerated. I'm not going to lie, I've made some huge strides and efforst. Last week I went business casual probably four of the five days. I was feeling pretty good about it. Yesterday I went with a t-shirt and some guy remarked-you're a t-shirt guy aren't you? I've seen some of the shirts you wear and they're awesome. He might have been referring to this one or this one. I couldn't tell. Anyway, I realized that despite my best efforts, everyone saw me for what I really was- a t-shirt sporting flip-flop wearer masquerading as a responsible professional. I wasn't fooling anybody with  my attempts at professionalism. I guess I should probably reconsider some of my career aspirations. Just a reminder that being awesome is embracing who you really are and running with it.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

don't under-awesome yourself.

(i don't really know what that means. but it sounds like it should mean something.)

Karyn Mann said...

For a T-shirt man, you sure pull off the professional look pretty well... of course, the professional look and the 'uptight church guy' look are pretty similar. :)
Hope all is well for you guys in CA. NYC is freezing!!!

Side of Jeffrey said...

The government doesn't want me to be in my most awesome outfit...my birthday suit. I'm always denied.