Friday, October 31, 2008

Not used to driving

I can not believe that I am going to admit this to the world but it is just way to funny. This week while driving to work, I was talking to my mom on the phone. I got to work, got out of my car and went into work. When it was time to go home, I could not find my keys, I was looking everywhere. I thought, oh no...I probably locked them inside my car. When I went out to look I saw my car on and running. Yep, you guessed it...my car was on and running from 9am to 7pm. What makes it even better is that the doors were unlocked so anyone could have just taken off with the car. Nobody did thank goodness but my gas tank was full in the morning and empty by the time I got back into the car.
What makes this story even better is that Doug had a similar experience this week. He left the keys in his bike while he was in class and his battery died. Yet, another miracle that someone did not take off with his bike.
What were we thinking???? This whole driving thing is just something that we are not used to.

13 comments:

Turbo said...

Hahahaha, that story is awesome. I'm glad that no one stole your rides.

erinmalia said...

holy crap. that is hysterical! thanks for being so unselfconscious and sharing this with the world.

Mia said...

I can't believe no one stole your vehicles! That is too funny.

Tamara said...

i can't believe that!!!!

Reagan said...

Both of these stories are amazing.

Ryanne said...

That is so awesome! I would have laughed all the way home.

GINA said...

That is too funny! Thanks for sharing.

Ellis Family said...

LOL! I think Lins or Bones also did this once? Must be FELLIS thing :)

jrushing said...

That is too funny my friend! And yet so amazing that your car was still there! Thanks for sharing!

stacey said...

Um, I'm glad we never lent you our car because I am almost 100% sure that would not happen in Manhattan! A small miracle that they were still there. You guys must be doing somthing right. We miss you lots. When are you coming to visit your old hood?

Lyf2.0 said...

Sheesh... The first time I bought my first "official" car, I locked the keys in it twice in one week.

Kimpossible said...

You guys are amazing! I guess I mean amazingly lucky. How funny!

Meg Ruth said...

I was just saying to Luke last night that I feel like I can finally park like a regular person again, this after months of awkward pulling in and out of spaces and nearly sideswiping my car.

Never left the keys in the car though. I've left the garage door open.