Wednesday, October 29, 2008

MBA Wives


If any of you watch the show Army Wives (yes I admit...I do) you will understand what I am talking about. The wives all have a bond because for the time being, although family is important, the army comes first. Since Doug has started the MBA program at UCLA, his mind seems to be only on school. Studying, networking, where he will get his internship, etc. I understand and I am fine with it but sometimes I miss our old life. My saving grace has been the other women in my same situation. We are all members of the church, all just moved here to start a new life, most of us live in the same complex, and our husbands always seem to be busy. We have learned already to help each other out when needed and take care of important things like each others birthdays. So, we have decided to call ourselves the MBA Wives and really, I am enjoying our new found friendships.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hooray for new buddies! Glad you found some sympathetic pals.

Michele said...

That's awesome!! Now... if only we could get together since we only live 45 minutes from each other! (i'm feeling guilty) Love ya!

Unknown said...

Tamara--grateful for the blog world that lets me check in on you. Of course you have already found an entire group of new friends out there. You are good at that--I have no doubt that you're a ringleader. NY misses you.

Mia said...

I am so glad that you have made some great girlfriends out there. I am not surprised, you are easy to love!

Ellis Family said...

I LOVE IT! You seem to have the most exciting life! I love it!