Sunday, July 13, 2008

Card Club


Once a month for two years now I have been a member of a very important club, the card club. No, we don't sit around and play games, we make cards that we then give out to others. Many of you might have noticed that I send more cards out these days and I put a lot of work into them. There are about nine of us girls that get together and someone different each month hosts the evening. The person hosting comes up an idea that we should all do and has the supplies for everyone else. Then, everyone comes with enough cards to hand out to every other member of the group, it is a great set up.
I have really come to enjoy this evening (so does Doug because it usually gives him an opportunity to play Halo). Not only are we learning a skill but we are also forming some great friendships. I have come to really value all of these ladies in many different ways. I admire how we all look after each other and we make sure that every ones needs are met. This is truly something that I am going to miss when we move. Thank you ladies for the fond memories, I will cherish them always. The picture shows one of the cards made this month, so cute.

5 comments:

Christina said...

I miss card club tons. Enjoy it for me!

Elder & Sister Ellis said...

Now you have a new tradition to start when y'all get to LA!

stacey said...

hooray for card club. we'll miss you tons!

Anonymous said...

OOO! I got one of these incredible special cards, totally awesome!

Heather Anna said...

boo-hoo, you really are leaving! i might drop out now that you're leaving.