Thursday, July 10, 2008

Yay Conan


Yesterday Doug was able to skip out of work early so that we could go see the filming of The Conan Obrien Show. Thanks to our friend Kayte we were able to get VIP seating. It was enjoyable, we didn't have to wait in any long lines or anything which is always a plus these days. They showed us a clip of all the "Best of Conan" that was really funny. Conan came out and had a little chat with us, he seems like a nice guy. His kids were there so it was fun to watch him play with them. When the show started it really was not that funny until he admitted that his lines were true but not that funny.


The first guest was Kyra Sedgwick (Doug had no idea who she was and all I could say was that she was married to Kevin Bacon). She was way thin in person but did not have much to say. She just wanted to talk about her experience at the nudest beach with her brothers.




Then there was Jim Cramer from Mad Money. His ideas were a little out there but he seemed to think that he had some great ideas. Doug said that nobody of importance really listens to him, he may know his stuff but he is often wrong in his opinions.



Then there was Joe Crocker who I did not recognize until he started to sing. I very much enjoyed his performance even though he looked like he was going to fall over. He sang two songs and in my opinion he still has it.






I am glad that we had the opportunity to go, Conan Obrein has now been checked off the list.

5 comments:

Side of Jeffrey said...

2 Times I have been to Conan he had really lame guests. Same thing when i went to Letterman. At least you got Crocker.

Ellen said...

Jeff, remember when we went and it was Thomas Hayden Church and he was hilarious? As I recall, you also commented what a great guest he was. And Bruce Springsteen was the musical guest, who many people like (although I'm not a fan).

Chelsea said...

Tamara! I had to laugh because I have that same cartoon posted on my blog. Too funny!

Tamara said...

I would have been so happy if Bruce Springsteen was there.

GINA said...

Remember when we went to Letterman and Richard Grere was the guest? My mom was so mad cause she stayed back and watched the kids and she thinks he's hot!