Thursday, July 31, 2008

New life Update

So, we have officially moved away from NYC....I could not be more sad. The last couple of days were very hard for me. I cried at church, if you did not notice and felt sick all day. Thank you to The Bennion's and Hardie's for making life easier and making us dinner on Sunday night. Monday we packed and mailed the last of our things, we echoed in our apartment....so sad. Monday night Reagan did an incredible job on my highlights and cut. I wished that all of you could see it but.... I look hot. I would post pictures but I am writing this from Idaho and I don't have any. Kaedi completely saved my life by finishing all my last minute items on my to do list on Tuesday, you were such a life savior.
Tuesday night we were off, well kind of. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 7pm, oh ya....we finally took off at 11pm. To make a long story short, we had to sit on a very hot plane for three hours then get off and transfer to another plane. By the time we got into Utah is was 3:30 AM. Thank you Matt for picking us up anyway. Wednesday we were off to Idaho for my family's reunion in Island Park. We will be there until Tuesday then drive to California for Doug's family reunion.
We did buy our first car together. It was the BMW that Doug was telling all his friends about. I have to admit that I really enjoy driving again, it has been awhile. I am not missing the hot subways and crappy sidewalks. I am missing everyone already in NY and I hope to keep in touch.

15 comments:

Stephanie said...

But you're closer to us now. That has to count for something.

Turbo said...

Ouch! Sitting on the plane then moving planes? That blows! I'm glad that you went with the bimmer though. I thought that you were going to go with something practical and boring, like the 64' impala SS.

Miggy said...

Sad...doesn't seem real yet. NYC misses you.

erin wilson said...

BMW! Nice! You will be missed :)

Michele said...

Rough trip... but it's sunny here in Cali and you'll love it! Hopefully we can get together soon!

Reagan said...

We miss you already! I think it is really going to hit me hard when the weekend passes and we dont hang out. That is going to be pretty tough.

I regret not helping you with the move more. There is so much that I should/could have done to help other than lend the car. I'll make it up.

I guess no more hardy-hall-inholts.

erinmalia said...

hmmmm...how come i didn't know you had family is island park?! my grandpa lives there during summers and we have spent a lot of time up there. i'm jealous!

Side of Jeffrey said...

Umm, WTF? Doug told me he was buying a Le Sabre. Jealousy is raging through my body right now. Did you know I worked on advertising for BMW and got to race them at Belmont Tracks?

Side of Caitlin said...

BMW? DOUG IS IN HEAVEN! I can't wait for Costa Rica!

Elder & Sister Ellis said...

Well at least you will arrive at UCLA in style. Hope y'all are having fun in Island Park.

GINA said...

Well, at least you're out west with the rest of us! Hopfully we'll see each other more often! Glad you made it safe.

Tamara said...

*sigh*

no fair.

glad for you though. i'm sure you two are gonna have so much success out there. :)

Blake said...

Hey Tamara it's Blake. Sorry about the move out and all but thanks for showing me and my friends around in NYC. They really liked you. And tell Doug thanks too. So I just wanted to say hi and thanks for all you've done. Hope you have fun in your new home and also have fun in Island Park.

Heather Anna said...

thanks again for the recipe! i miss you already!

gChameleon said...

i miss you so much, and i thank you so much: for the films, food, friendship and financial advice. for the hugs and smiles too. i am much richer for having the privilege of knowing you two for the last four years. much love from this coast to that one.