Thursday, June 26, 2008

Appreciation #13


This week's appreciation goes out to Mackenzie Brasher. Mackenzie and I have only become friends in the last few months but I have a feeling that it will be a friendship that lasts a long time. Before I even met Mackenzie she sent me a lovely letter in mail because she had heard that I was having a tough time from some mutual friends of ours. When we finally met we sat and talked for about two hours. She will have no idea how much that letter and talk helped me make it through the days; her friendship has been a blessing. When she heard that we had to terminate the pregnancy, she was out of town, but I still received a package in the mail from her. It was a gift that I will treasure always and it is a daily reminder of hope. Hope that things will work out and that Doug and I will be able to extend our family one-day. Mackenzie has taught me the importance of patience and to stay positive even when the going gets tough. I hope that one day I will be as good of a friend to her that she has so willingly been to me.

No comments: