Saturday, June 7, 2008

Happy Birthday to My Man


Today is Doug's birthday so it is only right that he deserves a shout out. He is getting SO old...turning 28. Already he is complaining about his body hurting him and getting nose hairs. I do love this man, he is one in a million. Just as I sit here typing he is out helping someone in the ward move, we were already in Jersey this morning moving, we delivered furniture to two other friends, and he will be with the missionaries all day. I don't know about you but I would be complaining if those were my birthday plans, but Doug is another story. He serves without complaining and sometimes even a smile. He is so dependable and always gets the job done. For those of you that don't know him that well, you might think that he is to serious or has a very dry sense of humor. For those of you that know and love him, you know that there is another side to him. He can make you laugh at the drop of a hat no matter how bad of a mood you are in. He is pretty silly at times when you least expect it. He has been my rock through these past few months when there were times that I just didn't think that I could take it any longer. He always made me realize how fortunate I am. I must have done something right because I won his heart and loyalty. If you see him around this weekend give him a pat on the butt and say nice job. If you aren't in NY make sure you find some way to give him a shout out because he is just...awesome.

9 comments:

Tamara said...

Happy Birthday Doug!

You're right Tamara. He's such a good guy! And I'm so glad you two have each other! I hope I end up even HALF as lucky as you two. I'd be really blessed!!! :)

Ellen said...

And when he helps you move, he does the dirty work of verbally defending your moving truck from the shouting and honking of angry truck drivers stuck behind it on your narrow street. His most telling sign of awesomeness, however, is in his choice of wife.

MnM said...

Happy Birthday Doug!
What a guy, helping people move on his birthday. Wish there were more people like him in our ward (so I won't have to help move as much). Wouldn't you guys rather move to Phoenix instead of LA?

PS. Is the "zoot suit" a birthday gift?

jeff said...

Here's your virtual butt pat, Doug. I haven't seen much of your silly side but I'm a big fan of the dry sense of humor. I miss you guys now and I'll miss you when I'm back in New York.

Hope you had a great birthday, Doug.

Anonymous said...

You finally give me permission to pat Doug's butt and I've just left town for good! I can't believe this.

Happy B-day anyway dude. Thanks for helping us move.

Kaedi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the best mover on the planet! Can't wait to celebrate with you this week!

Lyf2.0 said...

Dude... Lookin' pimp baby. HB Doug.

Mia said...

Woo Hoo!!! Happy birthday Doug. Don't worry too much about getting older, it happens to the best of us ;)

Side of Jeffrey said...

Doug straight pimpin game, no question. More importantly, his bday game is off the charts.