Saturday, June 21, 2008

I can fly

I have a long list of things that I want to do in my life and flying is one of them. This comes in many forms like bungee jumping, jumping out of a plane, and flying on the trapeze. I have gone bungee jumping (incredible) but still needed to cross off the other two. This week I got my chance to try out the trapeze thanks to my friend Corrie Thompson. She has been taking classes and is pretty good I might add. We have talked about going together for about two years so finally we set a date and she hooked me up with a sweet discount. It was great!!! I did a couple tricks but not everything that I wanted to do but it was my own fault. I was so excited to be up there and swinging that I was not listening to the instructor yell out commands (to those of you that know me well, this comes at no surprise). I was happy with myself that I had no fear of jumping off the ledge. The night was beautiful and I loved the feeling of flying in the air. Flying on the trapeze...check.

Here are some small clips of Corrie and me.



If you are ever here in the city or live here and want to try it out, here is the website.

11 comments:

Michele said...

Looks like so much fun!!! BTW - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! Hope all your wishes come true!

Elder & Sister Ellis said...

Happy Birthday, girl! I'm glad you like to fly off stuff....b/c I'm deathly scared of the heights. I can't stand to sit in the 2nd level of anything and look down, just ask the kids. If they lean over the edge, I'm freaked out!

Danasty said...

This looks like so much fun! You are awesome! And of course, Happy Happy Birthday to you!! Hope it is an awesome day :)

GINA said...

My stomach dropped just watching the video. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have a great one!! It looks like you had a great time.

Adam and Lisa said...

Awesome! We are way impressed!!!

Kaedi said...

Happy Birthday!!! That video is impressive!

KatieDid said...

You have so much guts. I loved watching that video. I'm trying to decide to skydive. :)
Happy Birthday to YOU!!

Tamara said...

Katie, you really should skydive....we can do it together:)

Chelsea said...

Wow Tamara...you are inspirational! Some of my friends have said we will go sky diving after our marathon, but I am terrified. If you do it, let me know how it goes!! Oh, and happy happy birthday!!!

Mia said...

That was so cool! I would love to try that some day. Happy Birthday!!!

Side of Jeffrey said...

That was awesome. Also, skydiving is awesome. But do it in Utah so you can go without going tandem.