Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I want to be a Cowboy

...and you can be my cowgirl. Anyone remember that song?


So, the Fort Washington Crew decided to take a trip downtown for dinner. We were celebrating Doug and mines Birthdays (I am one that feels that we should be celebrating my birthday all month). Paul entertained us with a story about the guy that broke into his apartment while he was home playing video games. That guy was in for a shock and obviously was not that smart.









We had reservations at Johnny Utah's. For those of you that have not heard about the place, it has a western atmosphere and I was in heaven. I may live in the city but I am a country girl at heart. They even have a Wyatt Earp room, how cool is that? The BEST part about the place is that it has a machinable bull...yes, you heard me correctly. Everyone enjoyed their delicious BBQ (more pictures here) and then we were ready to ride. Check it out, most of us tried it out.




Just when I thought that the night could not get any better, we went back to the Hardie's for some cake and ice cream. Becca and Andrea went all out, these ladies know their desserts.










This night will definitely go in the books as one of my most favorites nights in the city. Thanks gang for making it so memorable.


Oh, in case you were wondering if riding the bull is really that cool, um...it must be because the naked cowboy thinks so.


To make this post even longer, Doug thought that I should add this picture to show how cool I thought I was in Middle School.

15 comments:

KatieDid said...

I love the bull riding. What a blast. So, that's what Doug was talking about when I tried to call him. He was too busy, riding the bull. Ride 'em cowboys, and you go Cowgirl Tamara!!

Tamara said...

Two things:
Um... YES I remember that song!
"Yippee, yippee yie, yippee, yie, yo, yo, yo."

And you WERE cool in middle school by my standards. I swear... I'm pretty sure I have a similar picture. I believe it was the influence of a Miss Debbie Gibson, no?

Elder & Sister Ellis said...

I remember that picture very well! What a fun night!

Toni Ludlow said...

You Girls sure thought you were cool, But I was never cool enough to play barbies with you! Just b/c i wanted to play lets have some lemonade and you guys wanted to get your barbies on, SICK! I still tell Lins how rude she is for that. :) HA HA

Malesa said...

Happy Birthday Tamara! Looks like you guys had a great time.

GINA said...

So I'm at work and I Laughed out loud when I watched the video. We were all cool in middle school, but that's not the only time you've taken a pic in a cowboy hat. Remember Jackson Hole? Those were good times too! Sounds like you guys had a great time.

Tamara said...

Toni- It was always the babysitters that wanted our Barbies to get in trouble.

Gina-There are many times that I wore a cowboy hat, I would really have to go searching for them but I know that they are out there. This picture took awhile to find. It was the white boots that I can't believe I thought were so cool.

erinmalia said...

wow, tamara, that's some serious guts for posting that picture. i love how serious you are. i guess that's just part of being so dang cool.

Side of Jeffrey said...

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH I love your middle school picture. I also loved that you guys nearly got 8 seconds on the bull. Nearly professional.

What did you think about the food...? My experience was not pleasant.

Side of Caitlin said...

I LOVE the picture. So classic!

Tamara said...

Jeff-we were all happy with the food. I was not crazy about the dressing on my salad but I figured that that is what I get for ordering salad at a BBQ place.

Stephanie said...

I knew you were seriously cool before, but that picture takes you to a whole new level of awesome. :) And lookin' good on that bull, guys!

Ryanne said...

That was so much fun to re-live through the video! Can you email the video to me? It was hysterical. (Not as good as your picture at the end though) Thanks again for letting us tag along!

Ellen said...

Happy B-day! That last picture is hilariously awesome, and sadly, it is much cooler than any pictures of me at that age.
That song will be in my head all day now.

Tamara said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!