Sunday, June 29, 2008

NYC Philharmonic


I often mention things that I love to do here in the city and I probably will be mentioning things more now that it is so close to us leaving. One of my favorite things here are the free concerts in Central Park especially the NYC Philharmonic. This was my fourth year in a row going and I must say that I enjoyed this one the most. Maybe it was because this year I did not have to wait out in a rain storm or maybe because I was able to get there early enough to get great seats, I am not sure. I do know that the weather was perfect and they ended the show with Purple Haze from Jimmy Hendrix....now that was cool. Doug was very excited because he voted twice for them to play it. As much as I enjoyed the show, I very much enjoyed the fireworks afterwards. They never let me down. This year we were able to watch in plain sight instead of behind a rather large tree that we sat behind last year trying to stay out of the rain.
The NYC Philharmonic means a lot to me and I would like to say Doug because three years ago at the same concert Doug asked me out on our first date and we all know how well that turned out. Also, two years ago we set up our friends the Bennion's on a blind date. With them having the same last name now, we all know how that turned out as well. It was also nice to share the evening with Doug's cousin John and his girlfriend Kayte and the Hardie's. I am trying to take advantage of all the time that we have to share together these days. Chalk this night up to another joyful evening in the city.











1 comment:

Mia said...

Wow, my track record for setting people up is zero. Maybe it is because I have never set people up at the NYC Philharmonic. Now I know! I love that you are getting to do all the things you wanted to before you leave.