Thursday, May 15, 2008

He Is No Johnny Depp


Growing up I loved the movie "Cry Baby". I had a mad crush on Johnny Depp (well... still have a crush on Johnny Depp). I remember all my friends not liking the movie and everyone thinking that my taste was a little off. I must say when it comes to movies, my taste is not the norm. I remember when I watched the movie my mom would make me turn away during the making out in the park scene. Sorry mom, I peeked sometimes:)
Anyway, you can imagine my excitement when Erik Orton offered us free tickets to go see Cry Baby on Broadway Tuesday night. Thanks Erik!! Doug's reaction was "Cry what?"....men. I jumped right on it and we went to get the tickets.
Tuesday was an enjoyable night, Doug and I grabbed dinner then went to see the play. Doug and I both agreed the play was...cute. That is not how I would describe the movie because there is nothing "cute" about Johnny Depp...he is just hot. But, the songs were fun and I caught Doug laughing a couple of times. Elizabeth Stanley was truly amazing, she has a voice of an angel. Alli Mauzey was our favorite character, she does a good crazy. James Snyder did an okay job for his first Broadway Play but I still think, he is no Johnny Depp.

5 comments:

Tamara said...

i heart johnny depp. god bless that 21 jumpstreet.

Tamara said...

amen to that.

Mia said...

Oh love Johnny Depp. Glad you had a good time!

The Finck Five said...

I just agree that you do have bad taste in movies, I could still beat you for making me watch shattered.

Sechrist Family said...

You know I LOVE him too!!! Remember I had to sneak 21 Jump Street!!!!