Monday, May 12, 2008

Workout in the Park


My friend Jeff gets all the cool hookups in the city. I was lucky enough to get tickets from him for the 15th anniversary of Workout in the Park. Thanks Jeff and Caitlin for thinking of me. My friends Reagan and Kim came with me and we had a blast. We thought that the day was going to be rainy but it turned out that we had perfect weather. At first I was just excited about all the cool free stuff that they give out. Then I got there and was totally pumped by all the workout sessions. We grabbed all the free things that we could load up in our bags and found a sweet spot on the grass to get our grove on. I was really excited about the kick boxing session that we did. It really kicked my butt for such a short time. The best part about the day was that I was laughing the whole time. It was so nice to just relax, enjoy my friends, and punch out all my frustrations. I have not laughed that hard in a long time...thanks ladies. Even better was that the day motivated me to start working out again. I have not been allowed, per doctors orders, to work out for about four months and I have been going crazy. Now I can start running and get back in shape just in time for our Costa Rica trip in August. I say next year when New York decides to allow 5,000 ladies (and a couple guys that we still don't know why they were there) to workout in the park, you should definitely get tickets to go.

2 comments:

Turbo said...

That video is awesome. Hahaha

Side of Jeffrey said...

When this happens, keep me in mind because I bet I can still get you free tickets through old friends. Sounds like I better send Caitlin to New York while I take finals so she can join you!