Sunday, March 16, 2008

Appreciation #5


My appreciation this week goes out to a mystery man that I met at church today. As many of you know, Doug serves in the bishopric of a singles ward so I attend that ward with him. After class today a gentlemen that I did not know and have never seen before walked right up to me and said "I just have to tell you that I think you are one of the most beautiful women that I have ever seen." He then went on to ask if I was new in the ward. I started playing with my hair on purpose trying to show off my wedding ring until he finally realized what I was doing. He got a look of pure embarrassment on his face then said, "can we just pretend that this never happened" and walked away. I did not see him again but I appreciate any man that has the confidence to walk up to a complete stranger and give such a nice compliment. Doug got a good laugh out of the story then followed with "well, I agree with him". Thanks again mystery man for helping my husband along with his romantic side. The moral of the story is: I still got it.

Who do you appreciate this week?

7 comments:

LeolaniNYC said...

woohoo for compliments from complete strangers! yes, you still got it and i'm sure doug knew it without the help of this courageous guy!

danandconnie@gmail.com said...

You have always had it. Don't people say you look like your mother?

Tamara said...

Mom, I could never be as beautiful as you:)

Turbo said...

T, why did you have to tell everyone what I said to you at church?

Sechrist Family said...

Yeah you still got it!

Anna said...

"Where you from! You sexy thing, you sexy thing, you."
-Marvin Gaye

Mia said...

Woo Woo!! Nothing like a great compliment to make your day :)