Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Last night Becca and Carl Hardie cooked a huge spread for St. Patrick's Day. This is Becca's favorite holiday so it is no surprise that everything was perfect.

Starting with the table setting


Also, there was great company. One of Carl's old mission companions was in town with his wife and one of the oldies, John Clowney, was in town as well. We were so excited to see him and are waiting for his wife Bonnie to be meeting up with us this week.


We also learned something new. Becca grew up eating corned beef and cabbage as her St. Patrick's Day meal, but apparently that is not authentic. Purely American. So this year she did a lamb stew. Supposedly it is more authentic and very tasty. The bread was an Irish Soda Bread. The dessert, although not Irish, was played up with the green aspect including green whipped cream, mint chocolate chip ice cream and thin mint girl scout cookies. The candy bar crumble consisted of twix and snickers and the hot fudge was homemade. All I have to say is: Oh my goodness, it was amazing. Becca out did herself.













As always, good times were had by all.


















Happy St. Patrick's Day




2 comments:

The Finck Five said...

you need to put up the recipe, I am tired of Cornbeef and cabbage, and need a good St. Patricks day dish. I am a good Savannah dish of shirimp and grits over the weekend, but now I want Lamb stew.
James

shabba shabba said...

You really never know who you'll run into or where you'll run into them when you're LDS.

I know Jeff Hofmann, and sometimes I'm guilty of clicking on random links off friends' blogs and reading about complete strangers, and that's how I got to this blog.

And then I'm looking at your pictures, and I'm thinking "Man, that guy really looks like Carl Hardy." And then I read the post, and it IS Carl Hardy. And that's just really Mormon-y, because he was in my freshman ward at BYU. And I haven't seen him since.

Thanks for unwittingly providing me with a flashback moment.