Monday, March 31, 2008

Let's be clear

Today I was minding my own business reheating some food from this weekend when two girls from HR were talking about their weekend. Amazingly, they went shopping. I was tuning them out but then I hear "You know, I think, like, all men secretly like shopping with women." I couldn't hold it in any longer and I told them they were way wrong and needed to get real and stop kidding themselves. I just wanted to be clear that men do stuff they don't want to do with women because we know it makes them happy which makes us happy. We make a lot of sacrifices that way and we know women do to. But that doesn't mean we actually enjoy it. If I started a list of all the things I'd rather do than go shopping, I'd probably be at work late tonight and since nobody wants that you can use your imagination. There are plenty of things we can all enjoy together. Shopping for dresses just doesn't happen to be one of them so don't kid yourself.

3 comments:

Elder & Sister Ellis said...

Was that girl married? In our experience, you are exactly right. We compromise to make our partners happy, which in turn makes us happy. For example, camping....need I say more.

Korbi said...

To Doug and Tamara: Best wishes to you and you are in our prayers.
To Doug: ( in response to post a while back )
you must remember all holidays and celebrate each one of them like they are the only holiday. Christmas, Valentines, Mother's Day, Anniversary, and wife's birthday are the most important. If any are forgotten Hell will be paid. ask Stephen.... He does not forget anymore. Oh and when your children are born, that is also a holiday and your wife gets a present then too.
Tamara: Do not give up on the holidays, when in doubt buy matching Easter outfits to wear to church on Sunday and present Doug his a few days before, so his memory is jolted and he will go and get you an Easter Basket. :)
As you can tell I am a very big holiday person as well as very materialistic...

nikki said...

Amen. I don't even like shopping, so I can't imagine how any guy would like it.