Friday, March 28, 2008

The Good Trumps The Bad

My most recent news on the baby making is this. I have three eggs that are looking great and ready to extract. This time they are much bigger so we are hoping for the best. Doug and I are going in tomorrow morning to extract the eggs and take care of business. Then we need every ones prayers that all of the eggs fertilize. That way, we can transfer them all back in and hope for a miracle...or two...or dare I say three. The plan right now is to have them transferred this Tuesday but we will keep you updated. I am very nervous but I have a good feeling about all of this. What is suppose to happen, is going to happen.

So, things to keep me distracted and happy are celebrating more birthdays with friends;)

Last Saturday our friend Nikki Kelly turned the big 30.











Many friends were there to celebrate.














Also exciting is that Nikki is pregnant and so is her old roommate. Sara Jane's husband, Nathan wanted in on the fun as well.














Cameron Kelly planned Nikki's party as a surprise and it actually worked, she was surprised. Nikki loves chocolate chips cookies, as she should, so everyone brought their own versions of cookies and they were judged by Nikki. I have to brag that I tied second place with Caitlin Mulcock. They were so tasty because I added extra chocolate. The Herrick's can agree because I brought them to their house after the party. Per Heather's request here is the recipe:

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 3/4 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 tablespoons milk
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Combine flour and baking soda, and set aside. Cream butter. Add vanilla and sugars, and beat until fluffy. Beat in egg, cocoa, then milk. Mix in dry ingredients until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto nonstick baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes.



Enjoy!

Also, Happy Birthday Kim Calder. Bring on the Golden Years.


11 comments:

nikki said...

It would not have been a party without you guys there and your cookies were amazing. I keep pulling them out of the freezer for treats. Love it! Thanks for being such a great friend.

Marci said...

I'll be praying for you this week, Tamara. Hopefully all goes well!

Lyf2.0 said...

Go Tammy and Doug! We're cheering for ya!

Danasty said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you this week! I'm forever in awe of your positive attitude....and your cookie making skills! I can't wait to try them out! Matt regularly ditches me to go play racquetball with Peter Saturday night, so chocolate cookies here I come!

Sechrist Family said...

Glad to hear some good news!!! I checked out Nikki's blog and wished her a happy birthday as well. Call me when your doing laundry and we'll catch up!!!! :)Love ya!

Ellen said...

Hey, this is the ward of triplets - you never know.
Good luck, babe!

Chelsea said...

Derek and I were at the temple this week and I was totally thinking of you, so I threw your name on the prayer list...is that something you tell people? Who knows. But, we're thinking of you guys. Best of luck for triplets (eeek).

GINA said...

Good luck to you guys! Fast sunday is tomorrow so you'll definitely be in our thoughts and prayers. Sorry I don't respond much, we still don't have a computer at home. Anyway, luv u guys!

Ryanne said...

I am rooting for your you and hope everything goes well!

tawni said...

I thought it said "Doug and I are going to do it tomorrow morning" but then I went back and read it correctly that you are going IN on Saturday to get the procedure done...haha. I thought you were giving us some extra but interesting info! We are thinking of you guys! And yes, we are hoping that three take so you get the three bedrooms like you want :) Call me with any questions you have. I'm home ALL day. We cant wait to hear how everything goes today. Hang in there and don't stress!

Ellis Family said...

Good luck! I've been keeping you in my thoughts! Can't wait to hear! Love ya!
G