Monday, April 21, 2008

Delicious Sunday

One of my favorite days of the week is Sunday. Not only do we get to attend church and feel uplifted, but Sunday has become a day when we spend time with our friends having great meals and enjoying each others company. This Sunday was stake conference and we got to hear from our new stake president, President Buckner. He was mine and Doug's bishop in the singles ward so we got a chance to know him well. Doug more so because we was his clerk. President Buckner is a great speaker so we had no problem listening to his talk. He spoke on the importance of service. That when doing service we should not just go through the motions of a service project but really think about what we are learning from those that we are helping.
Afterwards, we went to our friend Neil Whites house for lunch. Neil has become a new friend because we had to approve of him before he popped the big question to our good friend Carly Lewis. We are so excited for the two of them because they are getting married August 16th in the SLC Temple.


Neal was bringing sexy back with his hot black church socks. We had a taco bar for dinner that was very tasty. Here is Leslie enjoying her dessert. I have found a new love...his name is Haagen Daz and he comes as coconut pineapple ice cream. Add some berries on top and you have yourself a refreshing dessert.














For dinner our new neighbors, The Bennion's, had us over to show us their new place. It looks great by the way. We are trying to get all of our friends moved into our building. The super is a big fan of our friends so now he always lets us know when there is an opening. We have our fourth friends, Ryanne and Kevin, moving in shortly. So, Jenn and Collin made some amazing enchiladas that they just whipped together, we were so impressed. Jen works for Martha Stewart and would be a top competitor on Top Chef. She has been on a Martha Stewart cookie making kick that we have been able to help her with. By helping I mean that we are great tasters of her yummy cookies. Jen did not let us down, these cookies were out of this world.











Jen is a HUGE fan of the KitchenAid and is a walking advertisement for it. She says that everything taste better when made by a KitchenAid, I happen to agree with her. The first time that I ever met Jen she said, "Hi, my name is Jen and I just got a blue KitchenAid." The second time that I met her she said the same thing. Anyway, we are happy to have her and Collin as new neighbors.

Jen added recipes to her yummy cookies on her site. Enjoy!!

2 comments:

The Finck Five said...

I do not know how you guys do it on Sunday with Doug in the Bishopric. For me Sunday is my busiest day of the week, I am at church at least 7 hours if not more, but I guess you guys are still young. We do all of our partying on, wait I forgot we don't party. Last night we did have a mean game of candy land. Just when I was about to crush the kids and acheive total victory I drew the gumdrop allowing for that sly Savannah to steal the win.

Mia said...

I have a friend who loves Martha and loves to make cookies! I will have to send her to Jen's blog :)