Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Smiles all Around

This past few days have been really great. Of course, we got the best news from the doctor but many other fun facts have happened.

Our friends, the Fehlberg's moved into our ward and we were able to help them move in our neighborhood (by "we" I mean Doug and the other men from the ward...I was there for moral support).

Saturday was a beautiful day in the city, spring weather is almost here.

Our home was beautified once again with spring flowers. Thank you to the Hardie's, Boerem's, Sara, and Abbey.


Some incredible people came over to visit Saturday. Thanks Bennion's, Hardies, and Brienholt's. We are truly lucky to have all of them in our lives.

Jen brought me yummy treats that she made from Martha Stewart's new cookie cookbook. All I have to say is "Oh my goodness" they were amazing.


Hillary Hopson sent over some Key lime dessert that she had made that night for her birthday party. These ladies know what they are doing in the kitchen.

We had the Hardie's, Smoot's, and Rowe's over for dinner Sunday. The best part is that they brought most of the yummy food.


I made Strawberry Shortcake. I found this amazing sauce to pour on top that was so easy but tasty.


Here is the recipe:

3 pounds fresh strawberries, coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
Juice of two lemons (4 tablespoons)

1-Combine the strawberries, brown sugar and lemon juice in a large saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Partially cover with a lid and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the strawberries are softened and release their juices, about 10 minutes. Let cool.
2-Pour the strawberries into a blender and blend until smooth.
3-Press the sauce through a fine-mesh strainer into a storage container. The sauce will keep for up to 10 days in the refrigerator or up to 6 months in the freezer.


I had dinner with Kim Calder Monday night and it was so great to chat girl stuff and to have an enjoying evening.

Joe Hallmark gave Doug his old X-box 360 and told Doug that he could keep if he got it working. You can bet that Doug had that thing working in no time.

I came home to Sarah and Ann visiting us for FHE.

We are thankful for so many things and I just wanted to express them.

4 comments:

Turbo said...

Did something about the dinner on Sunday make Doug angry? Hahaha. Just kidding man. I like to rock the stone face in pics as often as possible. Mostly just becuase I look slightly retarded when smiling.

skt said...

Tamara - I just checked your blog for the first time in a while and sweet mama, congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you guys. Many prayers to come your way. - shelley

Stephanie said...

Could you guys HAVE any more friends?????

The Finck Five said...

After reading your post I thought maybe we should have another kid so we can be treated like royality, but than I came to my senses.
James