Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Never To Old For A Slumber Party

We have had many great friends come and visit us over these last couple of months but our friends Jeff and Caitlin brought it up a notch by coming and planning a sleep over. They live in Brooklyn which is WAY far way (about 20 minutes in a car but about 1 1/2 hours by train) so it was just easier to stay and let the good times begin.

Of course the night started off with dinner including greasy Chinese and Indian Food. Jeff helped with the dishes, I was so impressed.










We played a game of Settlers and Doug beat us all...of course. The men went over to Joe Hallmark's house to play Halo while Caitlin and I watched trash TV. We continued watching American Idol and The Bachelor while the men came home and played their regular game of Scrabble. Doug and Jeff play this everyday during the week on the computer as they are here. They have had to limit themselves to three games a week because they were playing way to much.
















Sara Mason stopped by to say hello and yes, brought us some M&M's. She knew that I loved the green ones so she put them in a separate container...so thoughtful of her.







It was time for bed so Caitlin and Jeff got to cuddling






Now lets get to the main reason that Caitlin wanted to come stay, her workout in the morning. Caitlin and Doug have been friends sense BYU and she has been trying to get Doug to go running with her for years. Doug is known to say often, "I don't run with girls." I have to mention here that Doug did allow her to come running with him but it was against his better judgement. On a side not, he did say that she did very well.





Now for the reason that Jeff came, chocolate for breakfast. I was going to make chocolate pancakes but the reason for everyone coming over was so that I would stay in bed. We had to go to plan B....chocolate cereal. What is up with no prizes in the cereal boxes anymore???
















I sent everyone off to work and kind of smiled as I curled up back in bed. Thanks for making the night (and morning) so enjoyable Mulcocks;)




6 comments:

Lyf2.0 said...

T&D, you guys sure have some awesome friends up there in NY. How fun!

...and how long does it take until we find out if the latest round worked? I REALLY need to eat... I've been fasting for DAYS! ;^)

Tamara said...

Gabbers- you have my permission to eat, you rule:) I will find out on the 12th...forever away.

Side of Jeffrey said...

My coworkers are all seriously confused why it is that before I got married my life was so chaste and now that I'm married I am walking around with backpacks so I can have swingin' couples sleepovers with Caitlin. I have chosen to let the imaginations run wild for now.

Thanks for the cereal, Indian food, Halo 3, Scrabble, and shower of power. I feel like you did us more good than we did you.

Tamara said...

J-Just having you guys here was more then enough...I hope that you have not fallen asleep at your desk.

Side of Caitlin said...

Anytime you need someone to watch trash TV with you I'm down and I'm sure Jeff wouldn't be opposed to more Halo and Scrabble. We love you guys! Oh and Doug, thanks for making a dream come true with the run this morning. :)

Anna said...

Sleepovers are the best! Is that really a cereal? Chocolate LUCKY CHARMS?!?

You are so cute!
Love ya Tamara!