Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

The Good:
We were able to get pregnant and the baby was growing well

The Bad:
The baby was growing in my fallopian tubes

The Ugly:
The huge shot that I had to get in my butt today to abort the baby

The doctors had told us on Friday that this was a possibility but we were just hoping that everything would work out. I had another sonogram today that confirmed that the baby was growing in my fallopian tubes. I was keeping it together pretty well until my doctor started to cry, then I lost it. The next couple of days are going to be hard as everything has to take its course, but then things can only get better. We are going to take about a month off, get my strength back, and then try again. Third times a charm right?

There are a lot of other good things going on in my life right now. I have an incredible husband that has been nothing but supportive through all of this. My family has also been there every step of the way. I think that my mom cried more then I did today, I am missing my family deeply. My friends have been nothing short of amazing. A fairy came into my house today (Becca Hardie) and had decorated my home with flowers and filled my fridge with food that I needed. Miggy was nice enough to drive me to my appointment and wait in the doctors office with me while they gave me my shot. She did not even laugh at me while I was limping back to the car. My home was also decorated with more beautiful flowers from Tracy, Jeff, and Caitlin. Doug's brother Peter is here visiting us and he came home with flowers...what a man. We are very excited to have him here this week. We will have to post later about all of our adventures.
Thank you to all of you that have been so supportive, I do not say this lightly when I say that you have all given me the strength to keep moving forward. I am truly blessed.

21 comments:

Kelsey Carreon said...

Tamara, You are so amazingly strong! Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Sending lots of hugs and good feelings your way. I am so glad you have such a great support system. I am sure you will be blessed with amazing people in CA too.

Sechrist Family said...

Tamara, I am so sorry to hear this. You are amazingly strong, always have been. I love you & you're in my prayers.
Izzy/wedge/playground gang....whatever...:)

TheTaffs said...

Tamara and Doug I am so sorry to hear this. I was so excited for you both when I saw that you were pregnant. I'll be thinking of you guys and sending all my best wishes for the next round.

Anonymous said...

Doug and Tamara, our thoughts and prayers are with you. I am always amazed at how positive you have been through all of and continue to remain so. Please let us know if we can do anything for you. We're just a few steps away....

Elder & Sister Ellis said...

Oh sweetie, we are so sorry to hear that but are glad that you are safe and well. Third time is a charm! WE love ya!

samiam said...

Hi, I am a FOF (Mia) and I stumbled on your Blog, I hope you don't mind if I leave you a comment. I read your post and just wanted to let you know that I can relate to your story and wanted to give you a little hope. I have had 4 eptopic pregnancies (in the tubes) and thought it was hopeless. Those were tough times for my husband and I but...after 5long years of heartache, along came our miracle baby! There he was in the "right" spot and growing like a weed! He truely is our miracle baby. Just take it easy let your mind and body heal, there will be better days. =)

Side of Jeffrey said...

T&D = mega STUDS!

Mia said...

It is amazing how strongly you can care about someone you have only met through blogging! My heart aches for the two of you, but I know that you are both strong amazing people. I know that all will be well. ***Hugs***

nikki said...

Doug and Tams... My heart hurts for you right now and if I weren't sitting at my desk at work I'd be crying my eyes out. We love you. You are in our thoughts and prayers daily and will continue to be so.

GINA said...

My heart and thoughts are with the two of you as you guys are going through this. You are one of the strongest people I know. I am at work right now crying my eyes out. I love you and I wish I could be there with you and give you lots of hugs and support. The third time is the charm! I love you guys.

Lyf2.0 said...

Oh Tammy. I am so sorry. It makes me sad to know you are hurting. I'm so glad you have an awesome group of friends helping you through all this. We love you!

The Wuzzle said...

you two are in my prayers.

Amber said...

I am so sorry to hear of your sadness. I wish you happiness, understanding and many successes.

critts said...

Doug & Tamara - I am so sorry. I stumbled onto your blog about a week ago and I was so excited for you that you were pregnant and I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that you are both in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry you have to go through this and I am so happy that you have each other.

Christina said...

We love you Tamara and are still in our prayers.

Ryanne said...

There are no words that seem fitting right now. I am so sorry- I was crushed when I heard the news. I'll be thinking of you and trying to send positive energy your way. You are the poster-girl for strong women. (Doug is the poster-boy too!)

jrushing said...

Tamara I am so sorry to hear the news. I wish I was in NY and could come help you in some way! I will be thinking about you.

Katie M said...

I'm so sorry Tamara. If there's anything we can do (helping pack? dinner? a night of reality tv?) let us know. We're thinking of you.

Ellis Family said...

Tamara - I am soooooo, soooo sorry! I just know it will happen for you eventually! You will make a great mom and you're right, third time is a charm! You are so strong and positive - it's amazing! I wish I could be more like you in less devestating situations. Stay strong and positive! Love always!
G

Bibi said...

So Sorry.. What can i say that wont sound like a cliche? Well i guess i will give you the best i can offer; my prayers. Keep hope alive and i am sure you guys will be third time lucky.

Michele said...

Tamara... I'm so sorry, the two of you are in our prayers. Take time to heal and take care. Love ya!